“Lovely restaurant”

Ranked #26 of 54 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated just outside Arundel, in beautiful West Sussex countryside, The White Swan is a traditional and charming 4-star inn with free Wi-Fi. The building features flagstone floors with low ceilings and dark oak beams.Serving traditional British cuisine and fresh local produce, the White Swan Restaurant features exposed beams and open fires. Daily specials and a range of breakfasts are also available, and the cosy bar offers real ales and snacks.Just 5 minutes’ drive from Arundel centre, with its 12th-century castle and pretty streets by the river. White Swan inn is a 15-minute drive from Chichester and Goodwood Circuit. Situated on the A27 road, the inn is a 40-minute drive from both Portsmouth and Brighton.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were looking for a carvery on our stay in Arundel and when I rang up to book it the time we wanted to go the carvery had finished but they said they were still serving roast dinner which we had the food was so lovely I had roast turkey and my husband had the 3 meats and I have to say it was so tasty and well worth every penny £11.95, the staff were really friendly and pleasant they couldn't do enough for us, We both had a pudding and a few drinks and the meal came to under £60 so not only good tasty food but great value for money!!!!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

sunday late lunch and still serving. nice location to sit outside and good tasting harveys ales. pprtions of roast lamb were large with tonnes of veg in a separate bowl. loved it and would come back if they had a few different ales.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I'd start this review by saying that I have had previous poor experiences here but felt it was due another look in.

We all opted for the carvery, and wow have these guys upped their game. None of the previous bland and unappetising; first class cauliflower cheese, great roasted parsnips, lovely gravy ... a real surprise and made such a difference.

An excellent meal and a very nice surprise, good effort guys!

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We were seated immediately as wasn't busy and waiter took a drinks order and we asked them to come back after we decided which they didn't. After that Everything else we wanted we had to order at the bar because nobody came over. Food was served quickly but wasn't great, thought overpriced for the quality. Service dreadful, almost non-existant. Wouldn't go back.

2  Thank tiddles333
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We wanted somewhere to take Mum for Sunday lunch as a belated birthday celebration not too far from her Worthing flat, so I picked this pub from reviews. Although it's an attractive venue, the service was very slow. The bill for three of us came to just over £69, even though we didn't go overboard. I was shocked to see that vegetables are counted as a side dish at the bottom of the menu, and had to ask the waitress if we really had to order them separately (at £2.95) to go with a £10.95 steak and ale pie with mashed potatoes. Apparently so. I had to call the waiter back to ask for English mustard to go with my meal. Although the food was okay, my wife's Sussex Smokie had quite a number of fish bones in the mash. Equally surprising was that the waitress told me I couldn't add a tip on my credit card because they get taxed on them. Frankly, I had no intention of leaving a trip for the service and meal we had. Lovely venue, but not a patch on our local, family-run pub in Hersham, Surrey (for food or service). My wife and I agreed we'll not be visiting the White Swan again.