“Excellent - definitely visit if you have the chance”
Review of Woodacre B & B

and 1 more site!
Woodacre B & B
Ranked #4 of 17 Arundel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Not sure where to start - the warm welcome by Mike (and the lovely family dogs) or the tranquility of the place, or the huge garden, or the relaxation of having breakfast in the conservatory. Not to mention the comfy beds - I had the best night's sleep I'd had in weeks!

In any case this is a lovely B&B run by friendly hosts, and has plenty of charm, character and outdoor space. It's well located to get to the seaside, Arundel Castle, Goodwood... It's also very clean and cosy. I'd highly recommend it and would definitely go again given the chance. Thanks Mike and Vicky!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 88Martin88
There are newer reviews for Woodacre B & B

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had a very nice stay at this charming and luxurious guesthouse. A special thanks to the hosts for their hospitality. The garden is lucious and the property immaculate, very well positioned.
As we travel with our dog, it was important for us that he could have the necessary space on the premises.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel53_12
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was travelling on my own to watch some cricket at Arundel.Having scoured the websites, I settled on Woodacre at Fontwell, a ten minute drive from the Castle cricket ground at Arundel Castle. Unlike the Durham batsmen, I got it right.
The location was easy to find, the house was a beauty and the welcome was warm and personal. I was given a large room at the top of the house, with plenty of room to throw things around when returning from the debacle being enacted at the ground. There was a bathroom downstairs which was well appointed.
Breakfast was excellent with a superb "Full English", with proper eggs and sausages and brilliant bacon and completely bereft of the layer of grease that I always associate with this dish.
Mike and Vicky were excellent hosts and I would heartily recommend Woodacre to any car using travellers staying in the area. Public transport was not frequent although there is a station about two miles away with frequent links to Brighton, London and Portsmouth.
An enjoyable stay despite Durham's inevitable defeat. Excellent value for money.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are easier to access; I had to stoop to get through the door to mine, but a (very...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PeterSShildon
Reviewed 20 July 2012

As new dog owners we were looking for somewhere to stay that was dog friendly - what a find the Woodacre was! The room was excellent and having access directly to the outside via its own entrance hall was brilliant. Our hosts Vicky and Mike were attentive and friendly but not overpowering. The double en-suite room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Breakfast in the conservatory while watching the dog play outside was lovely. If our young spaniel could talk she would give the massive dog secure garden a definite 10 out or 10.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 19 July 2012

As a german student I came to Arundel for two weeks. Therefore I was looking for an inexpensive, but nevertheless comfortable accomodation near Arundel. Woodacre B&B offered a perfect room to me: small - but clean and comfortable! In the two weeks, I had everything I needed and you will hardly find friendlier hosts than Vicki and Mike!
After a short time, I felt absolutly good in this lovely house and I was always glad when I arrived "at home" in Woodacre in the evening.
Every morning, sitting in the conservatory and looking at the gorgeous garden behind the house, I enjoyed a brilliant Full English Breakfast.
Concerning the two dogs: Honestly, I am not used to dogs, but I have taken the two dogs in Woodacre in my heart! They are very well behaved.
Vicki and Mike are very kind, helpful and sympathetic hosts. I am really happy having found this B&B in order to not to sit in a hotel room without possibility to talk to somebody (what was very important for me to improve my English).
Many thanks again! I can recommend this B&B to everybody. I had great two weeks in Woodacre!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were looking for a weekend away and wanted to stay somewhere with our dog so we Googled 'dog friendly b&b' and found this. So very glad we did! From the booking onwards Vicki and Mike were extremely helpful and friendly. There were five of us so we had two rooms - both of them were beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable and immaculately clean. The breakfasts were wonderful - we each had something different and all of it was delicious. The garden is also gorgeous - both the children and the dog loved it!
We can't say enough nice things about Woodacre - would recommend it to anyone and will certainly be booking again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 27 June 2012

An excellent B&B. Very convenient to the A27 but we were not disturbed by traffic noise over night. Lovely double room with large shower room and separate access, which was great as we arrived back late after an evening out. Everything spotlessly clean. Bed very comfortable - had a great night's sleep. Excellent breakfast. Hosts very friendly and helpful, but unobtrusive.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell Park
Comfort Inn Arundel
Comfort Inn Arundel
#6 of 7 in Arundel

Been to Woodacre B & B? Share your experiences!