“Fantastic Refurbishment! Same friendly, helpful staff!”
Review of The Swan Hotel

The Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Having stayed here well over a year ago, my partner and I, on having to go to a wedding nearby, decided to visit The Swan again. It turns out we timed our visit just perfectly! The whole place had just reopened from renovation earlier in the week and everything looked fantastic!

A bit skeptical that with the new look might have changed the staff, we were pleased to see the Manageress was still Beata and all her team were as friendly as on our last visit. On being taken up to our room, "Black Down", we were literally gobsmacked - the room looked totally diffeent but still kept a charming, cosy feel. The bathrobes and slippers in the room were a lovely touch too.

For dinner we actually ate at nearby Osteria, as we were meeting friends, but the breakfast selection in the morning was very good. I had a smoked salmon bagel and my partner apple and blueberry pancakes - both a lovely change from the usual "full english".

The Swan is definately our home away from home in Arundel - I wish Beata and her team all the best with their new hotel!

Room Tip: We had an Executive Room, Black Down, which was lovely - double shower, roll top bath and large sofa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randomnessity
There are newer reviews for The Swan Hotel

Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I stumbled upon this hotel by accident. I was lucky to find that every hotel in the area was fully booked and I was desperately trying every b and b in the area. This hotel had literally just reopened following its refirnishment, so.there were rooms available. Absolutely fantastic. Clean, very well presented, good quality extremely well situated.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank dungwit
Beata S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you had a great stay with us, you truly were one of our first guests after our re-opening earlier in the week! If you ever find yourself in Arundel again, please do pop by and visit again - we offer a 10% for return guests if you book directly through us and we would love to hear your comments now the fresh paint smell is gone!

Best regards,

Beata Slapikaite

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel was very easy to find. Just a short walk from the train station. Friendly staff. Delicious breakfast that was included in the price. Arundel is a beautiful town!!!

1  Thank Kristi F
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My boyfriend and I visited here over Easter and had a wonderful stay. Firstly, Arundel is such a beautiful and unspoilt town, we cannot wait to go back again. I would firstly like to address a few of the negatives that others have pointed out in previous reviews! 1) You do not get locked out after 11pm. The pub/bar closes then and you get your own keys for the back door if you want to come in later, it is your choice. 2) The TV does NOT only have 4 channels. We had over 30 and all very good reception. Also maybe we were just lucky but the bed was very very comfy!

The main positive I would like to point out is how pleasant the staff are. We arrived early with luggage and they let us leave our stuff there before check in so we could make the most of our day. Likewise, after we checked out at 10.30am, we had a good 4 hours before our train home and they let us leave our luggage there. The location is also perfect-only about a 10 minute stroll from the station and the castle/shops/riverside are on the doorstep. The room itself is also of a decent size and also there were some nice little touches like free shortbread and hot chocolate!

There were a few small negatives however which prevented me from giving this hotel full marks.

1) The mobile reception was almost completely non-exsistent which was annoying.
2) The TV was tiny!!
3) It WAS noisy but only until 11pm and booking a room at a pub you have to expect this, I don't understand anyone who moans about this when surely they know this would be the case!
4) The breakfast was ok but I didn't like the choice of breakfasts, I had the waffle though and it was delicious. None of the tables were cleared so it was all a bit messy.

Overall all though we had a fantastic stay at the Swan Hotel and would definitely re-visit, especially to see the wonderful town that is Arundel.

1  Thank Cher86
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Having stayed here for many year I always look forward to my return. This hotel I understand is in the process of a refurbishment, however having said that the rooms are fine and offer excellent value for money. Breakfast is always excellent and service is great too. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Arundel

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights over Easter - great breakfasts and brilliant location. Very reasonable price too.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Have just visited for an Easter day family lunch and was very impressed. Tables were well laid out with little net bags of mini eggs on each place. We were offered a carafe of water for the table as soon as we were seated, which was a good idea. Good menu choices and specials. 3 of our party had the roast pork and a roast beef. All were good portions with a varied vegetable selection and massive yorkshires! Good roast potatoes too. Delicious puddings. Reasonable price for good quality food and service.
Think I have mentioned this in a previous visit but good toilet facilities too!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CurlyWurlyL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell
Arundel Park Hotel
Arundel Park Hotel
#7 of 7 in Arundel

Been to The Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!