“Very friendly and has had a great refurb”
Review of The Swan Hotel

The Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Will be staying there again for sure if we go back to Arundel. I travel a lot for a living and this hotel fits the bill for a short stay, good food and charming service.

We left a leather jacket in the room on departure (doh) and not only had they found and kept it, but recorded delivered it to us back home!

The UK seems to get better all the time for hotels like this, with the Swan being a shining example of how it can be.

Completely recommended.

Room Tip: mid price rooms are worth the £10 upgrade, but the smaller room is totally fine for a 1 night stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed yourselves and that your jacket arrived safely home with you. Nothing more annoying that leaving something somewhere and never seeing it again, so we always endevour to reunite guests with their lost items.

If you ever find yourselves down in Arundel again, I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

On Sunday we had a function at this hotel for our daughters christening, what can I say from start to finish the whole thing was amazing.
The food was out of this world and everyone said how amazing it was, the service was the best I've seen in ages, thank you to Beata and her team for looking after us so well. We will definitely recommend to all our friends and will be returning very soon.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your function with us. I'm delighted to hear you and your guests had a good afternoon - it was pleasure hosting you all. And thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of your cake. Sarah, our pastry chef, spends a lot of time and effort on her creations and they really do look fantastic.

I look forward to see all of your family again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed in one of the executive rooms, which was incredibly clean and well decorated. The location is ideal being based on the High Street, whilst the weather was pretty awful there are plenty of restaurants nearby just up the hill.

The price included breakfast, which was of great quality. In all, we thought it was an excellant place and heartily recommend to anybody else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us earlier in the month. I'm pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Sorry about the weather, sadly no matter how much we ask for Summer, it just doesn't seem to want to show it's head just yet! Hopefully next time you find yourselves down in Arundel, the weather will be a bit nicer and you'll keep us in mind as a place to stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The hotel had been newly refurbished when we arrived - which unfortunately meant that the room still smelled a little of paint. The welcome was excellent and, throughout the stay, the staff couldn't have been nicer.

The main oddity was that they'd plonked a kingsize mattress on a double size frame, which meant the mattress hung over the edge and made that side of the bed downright treacherous! The door lock took about 20 attempts to get it to lock - I don't really understand why they hadn't dealt with the lock at the refurb.

Breakfast was good and dinner in the restaurant really very good for the price. Again with good service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freddieflintstone
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Freddie,

I'm pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay with us at The Swan Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments. As you mentioned, the hotel has not long been refurbished and the bed frame/mattress in the room in which you stayed is on the "snagging list" to be rectified.

But again, I'm glad my team looked after you well during your time with us and truly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I've been coming to this pub pretty much weekly (mainly for the Quiz on a Monday) for the best part of the last year. The food is really good and I've always cleared my plate (or board!) I've been up with friends a few times, and we've always enjoyed the atmosphere and service.

Staff are always pleasant and helpful, beit behind the bar or when taking food orders in the restaurant . I've only ever had to wait a while for my food once, and that was on a busy Bank Holiday when the pub was (understandably!) busy, but patience paid off for yet another great dining experience!!

The pub looks great after it's recent refurbishment... the only downside to that was the pub was shut for two weeks!!!! Oh, and the quiz seems to have (temporarily I hope) disappeared since re-opening..

On the whole, I would recommend this to anyone for a good meal out!! :)

Beata, Sean and the rest of the staff do a wonderful job... I'll definitely keep coming back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LastCenturion
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel, I'm pleased that your experiences with us have always been good and that you like the refurbishment. Don't worry, the quiz will be coming back soon - bigger and better as they say!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We (20 cricketers) stayed here for a few nights last week. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. On arrival we were shown to our rooms and then settled down for a quick pint of real ale before going to golf. The chef was happy to cook a lovely meal for us on our return. The rooms are brilliantly presented with huge shower cubicles and a nice view over the high street from the large sash windows.

Full English breakfast with toast like you've never seen. For once good sausages in a hotel. You even get bubble and squeak if you ask for it!

All in all a lovely stay with a friendly team of staff who couldn't go any further to make us feel welcome. A personal sorry about my spilling a beer on your computer!

Will recommend to friends, girlfriend and others!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jimmyhvac

Dear Jimmy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your comments on your stay with us. I'm ecstatic to hear you guys enjoyed your time in Arundel and, please, don't worry about the monitor - all has been fixed and is working perfectly again. If you all find yourselves in the area again, please do get in touch and we'll look after you.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Can't fault the quality of this hotel. The rooms had recently been refurbished when I stayed. However, the service was extremely poor given the price of a room. I had to ask the staff twice for basic toiletries (I told the hotel I needed this in advance as I was traveling by bike with as little luggage as possible!) in the bathroom and my limited early breakfast was served late.

Room Tip: You will get a nice room, don't rely on the hotel to provide toiletries
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Dear Phil,

Thank you taking the time to review your stay with us earlier in the month. I'm sorry to hear your brief stay with us was less than pleasant. All of our rooms have a range of luxury toiletries in them, and I've discussed with my housekeeping team what lead to them not being present in your room. I can only apologise for our failings on this occasion and I can assure you I will be in touch over the next few days to see how we can rectify the situation.

Beata Slapikaite

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
#5 of 10 in Worthing
Angmering Manor
Angmering Manor
#1 of 1 in Angmering

Been to The Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!