The Swan Hotel
US$129
US$117
  • Pool
Norfolk Arms Hotel(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$149
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Arundel(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$120
Priceline
US$119
Premier Inn Arundel Hotel(Arundel)(Great Value!)
US$116
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell(Arundel)(Great Value!)
Travelodge Littlehampton Rustington(Littlehampton)(Great Value!)
US$77
Travelodge
Angmering Manor(Angmering)
US$139
US$526
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell Park(Fontwell)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
All reviewsroll top baththe pubfresh milkpublic car parksuperior roomlittle touchesbottled waterlovely roomlovely hotelbeautiful townone night staycomfortable bedcentral locationbiscuitsperfect staylovely foodarundel castle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed in room 12 which was at the top of the hotel and as such had one very small window which would not stay open on what was a very hot day/night. We spoke to the staff who kindly went up to the room to resolve the issues ans propped open the window with a piece from a large Jenga set. This would seem to be a normal answer to the issue as there was already a piece on the roof outside the window. Also the holder for the shower head was broken so you needed to be careful or the thing would end up on you head. We are not picky people and the overall experience at the hotel including the location, atmosphere, the comfort of the beds and the staff was just what we needed, but its little things like this that as a customer you do wish hotels would just sort out and not leave ongoing especially as there is always the risk of the window shutting on you whilst you find things to prop it open with like the small painting we resorted to utilising on arriving in the very hot room.

1  Thank MsDJHall
Beata S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear Ms Hall,

Thank you for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us and would like to apologise for the little hassle of the window. I can relate entirely to your sentiment of getting problems fixed rather than leave them ongoing - unfortunately, after many attempts to fix that particular window, it now needs completely replacing which as you can imagine, in a period, listed property, is one of those things that takes far longer than it should.

Hopefully, though, this hasn't put you off too much and that you'll keep us in mind if you find yourself in Arundel again.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My partner and I stayed here Friday and Saturday night.

The Swan Hotel is lovely and tastefully decorated throughout. I totally agree with other reviewers, the breakfast is FANTASTIC and all of the staff, all of the time were friendly and polite.

If I had stayed in Room 1 on my own as a single guest, I would have been very impressed but staying with my partner, we both felt this room was rather small with no room left to swing a cat and we did feel rather claustrophobic!!

My partner is of average build but any bigger and he would have had trouble manoeuvring himself into the shower room between the main door and the glass shower door! The bedroom was too small for a wardrobe so instead we had a little wrought iron clothes rail, again all very tasteful, but I would have preferred a proper wardrobe to store our clothes instead of having to leave some of our luggage in holdalls. Unfortunately due to the position of the clothes rail on the wall, one half of the window shutter couldn't be opened to its full potential, so the room seemed a little dark. On a brighter note, the bed was really comfortable.

Would I revisit The Swan Hotel?, 100% YES, I would even stay in Room 1 again, but only if Room 1 was for single occupancy only. If I was travelling with my partner I would definitely request a bigger room. I really liked the hotel, the staff and Arundel itself and let’s not forget that fabulous cooked breakfast!

Room Tip: Room 1 should be for 1 (solo traveller) and not 2.

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and had pleasant stay with us in Arundel. Our "Standard Rooms" are very much the smallest rooms in the house, but we have tried to make as much of the space as possible. Your comments though are very welcome, as we are still tweaking following the refurbishment and there are some things you just don't notice until it's pointed out (ie. the clothes rail and shutter issue).

I do hope you find yourselves down in Arundel again sometime soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My Husband and i stayed here for my birthday night.We were welcomed very warmly by the staff. Upon entering the room i found a birthday card and an invite for a complimentary drink , which wasa nice personal touch. Our room was clean and nicely presented. The only critism i have is that when having a bath the water was only luke warm. The tea and coffee facilities were good with a box of homemade shortbread which were tasty ! Again , the staff at breakfast were so very friendly and welcomed you with a friendly smile and could'nt do enough for you. The BEST bit about our stay was the AMAZING breakfasts we had. You have a choice of a lovely laid out continental breakfast with fresh homemade bread and fresh coffee and tea from a pot in china cups (very English) and very lovely. The cooked breakfasts are out of this world !!! we have stayed at many B&Bs, hotels and this was by far the best in the way of food! we would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Beata S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Dawn,

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your birthday break with us and took the time to share your stay with us on TripAdvisor. The little touches, I feel, always make things a bit more special and I glad you liked the card. My apologies regarding the water, it is an intermittant issue we're aware of, but are stuggling with a solution due to the age of the building. But to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast so much is delightful - our chefs pride themselves on their interpretation of the most important meal of the day!

I do hope you find your way back to Arundel some time soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Although we didn't stay we wished we had.had a fantastic meal food was delicious and well presented service excellent what a great find will definitely return & recommend to others have are in other restraunts in arundel but this one far exceeds any of these

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor of your meal with us. I'm delighted to hear you had a great time, and thank you for recommending The Swan to others. I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed one night with my two daughters and grandson and we all greatly enjoyed our stay. We were given rooms opposite each other and the twin was easily able to accommodate the travel cot we took along. The rooms were very clean and decorated to a high standard, and the breakfast next morning was plentiful and tasty. I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff who were very friendly, efficient and helpful, especially with carrying up our luggage.....a baby doesn't travel light! We had our evening meal in the restaurant, not outstanding but quite nice. The only downside in my room were the taps on the basin......the water pressure wasn't great, but the shower was lovely. Also, it may be helpful as the establishment is child friendly to put a baby changing unit in the public toilets if possible. Would definitely stay again, our thanks to Beata and all the team.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Ann,

I'm so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for sharing your experience on this site. All of my team truly believe that guests are at the heart of everything we do, and I delighted you think so highly of everyone.

My apolgies though about the water pressure. This is a problem we are aware of but due to the age of the building its proving a slight issue. I really hope it won't put you off a return visit to us if your family ever find themselves in Arundel again.