“Still Wonderful!”

Price range: US$2 - US$10
Description: Traditional Tea Room
Description: Traditional Tea Room
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Popped in Lulamaes again recently, it is my first choice for coffee/tea and cakes in Arundel. It has changed hands since I first visited however, the staff, service and the fare on offer was still excellent! A very firm favourite of mine when in Arundel.

4  Thank greatholsAsia

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have been a few times for afternoon tea and wow it is lovely. the portions are generous and all so fresh. We will return again and again.

3  Thank lorraine F
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My hubby and I had afternoon tea at this charming little café on Saturday last. We chose to have sandwiches and scones with cream and jam. I can't remember the last time I ate quite such fresh bread, plenty of filling and plenty of sandwiches. Moving on to the scones they were absolutely melt in the mouth and came with jam and real clotted cream.
However we almost got up and left after placing our order. The man who took the order was noisily and with open mouth eating when he approached the table and quite clearly felt that it was perfectly fine to take our order as he enjoyed the last vestiges of his food.......very unpleasant and very strangely the lady who delivered our sandwiches and scones seemed totally on edge and nerve racked.
All in all go for the food as it really is superb but watch out for the strange and mystifying behaviour of the some of the staff.

1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lulamaes is cute place for coffee or tea while you are visiting Arundel. This place has really wonderful atmosphere. Lady did served coffee and her husband prepare for us tasty pancake.
I saw there only few tables however it was more than enough. They had also a lots of souvenirs and variety of another products which create really nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Andrej Ž
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This charming café was doing a brisk business today when we visited.

Coffee was very good, and the toasted sandwiches we had were very tasty.

Very cleanly decorated with plenty of quality souvenirs and cards to take home with you as well. Cards accepted for purchases above £10, cost of a light lunch for 4 people at £21 was really good value too.

Small things come in small packages there only say 7 or 8 tables so you may have to wait or potter round the antique shops for a few minutes.

3  Thank MrSofthreebridges