“More a B&B than a hotel”
Review of Arundel Park Hotel

Arundel Park Hotel
Arundel Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
London, United Kingdom
“More a B&B than a hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Situated right by the A27 it's difficult to enter car park from the West. Our room, No 3, was one room away from the road which was so noisy we had to shut the window, otherwise sleep was impossible. The room was 70's style but it did have a decent flat screen TV. Despite what the blurb says it's quite a long walk into Arundel where there were several places to eat but very little else going on - suited us fine! Breakfast was cooked when ordered and was tasty and hot.
We stayed 2 nights but on the second night were disturbed at 1 a.m. by 3 drunken swearing Scots on the next room - this can happen anywhere but as there's no phone on the room you can't call anyone. Found out later there's a button in reception to call the proprietor - not satisfactory. Trouble is that Arundel has only a few hotels so choice is limited.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the main road
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I needed a place to stay, just for me, to attend a wedding in Arundel and this suited my needs, the price was good £55 for b&b and parking no charge (lovely spacious car park) the owners Mr&Mrs Patel were friendly, quiet but very nice. Mr Patel also kindly gave me a lift to town when I was running late and it was very hot weather to walk. The walk itself is only 10 mins and the town is so near. As is the station, right next door. But I heard no trains and my room faced that way. The room was simple but had all my needs and the bed comfortable. A ceiling fan was very welcome. The mirror in the bathroom gets in the way of the soap dispenser, or the other way around! so one needs to be moved, so you can adjust the mirror (room 9) but that is all.
I enjoyed my stay and I would stay again and hope I do. Breakfast was very nice too.
Also they have a lovely garden to sit outside in.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Little Staughton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

When we arrived we seemed to be the only guests, but reception was in the bar, and that was empty at 6:30pm. Room was average, decor appeared to be "tired" but everything was clean. Shower was very poor "something from the eighties" but the water was very hot and difficult to control consistently. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony M
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I booked two nights at the Park as a surprise break for my partner's birthday treat. Ideal quiet situation close to town and even closer to the station. Warm greeting from the manager and his wife, large clean room with comfortable bed, good mirrors and light, no noise from traffic or people. Good shower, could do with a shelf for toiletries.
Breakfast excellent and plenty of it, apart from the coffee, better to have tea (or take your own jar of instant).
Took the train to Brighton, cheaper than driving and parking and the added bonus of 2 for 1 on many attractions.
We would certainly recommend this hotel,

Room Tip: Overlooking the garden and getting a great sunset
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Nine of us stayed here for a night for my cousins birthday weekend. We had a great time, our rooms and en-suites were spotless & the beds were very comfortable. We had 3 twin rooms and a family room which has a double & 2 single beds. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was excellent. It is a good location with free parking, ideal for the pretty town which has great restaurants, pubs, shops & castle a short walk (up hill). At £65 per night per room it is incredibly good value. We couldn't fault it and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DebsTLondon
Dundas, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed one night with my wife. Reception was not particularly welcoming. Room plain but OK for one night. Breakfast was OK. It is possible to walk to the town in 5 mins and there is a conveniently placed pedestrian crossing to make it possible to cross the busy road. More like a motel with breakfast than a hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank david42
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed here for one night on a Saturday for a friends wedding. Booked it last minute because they had availability and due to proximity to train station. When I say this, I mean you could roll out of bed onto the platform almost. Despite this, I did not find the place noisy like some have commented previously. I booked a double room as a single traveller as that was what was available, but the management kindly offered me a single room when I arrived. The decor is dated, and communal areas quite dark. Full fried and continental breakfast available, nothing to write home about but well cooked. I agree with other comments, owners seem a bit inflexible but if you're looking for a decent value place to rest your head for the night, in walking distance of train station and Arundel then this is for you.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell
Angmering Manor
Angmering Manor
#1 of 1 in Angmering

Been to Arundel Park Hotel? Share your experiences!