“Friendly”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Friendly”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I recently stayed at this Premier Inn at the end of June and thought that I needed to write a review on my recent stay here. The hotel is located on the corner of the road set back from the Beefeater Restaurant it is located facing fields with beautiful scenery and the sound of sheep in a morning! The general outside appearance of the hotel and Beefeater is fairly "poor" but don't let this deter you from staying. Upon entering the hotel I was immediately greeted by a young lady behind reception who was both friendly and knowledgeable. A young gentleman appeared from the back of reception who again immediately acknowledged me and my wife, he came along and started chatting to my 2 children and kept them entertained whilst we were being checked in, later on in the evening it became clear he was in fact the Manager of the hotel and was very interested in why we were in the area and if there was anything extra he could do for us. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and again was met by the same two people again the following morning we joked that they never went home. The warmth and compassion from these two people has guaranteed we will return in the future! The hotel was immaculate and both the staff and food in the adjacent restaurant was spot on. Thank you Premier Inn for a fantastic 1st stay in one of your chain.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Charlie B
Daniel T, Team Leader at Premier Inn Arundel Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave us a review on your recent stay at Arundel Premier Inn. We are pleased to hear that the staff you encountered were all friendly and compassionate. Your compliments regarding the restaurant have also been passed on. We hope to welcome you back to Arundel Premier Inn in the near future. Once again thank you very much for the lovely comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
UK
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed here to visit the area and catch up with family. The hotel looks less than promising from the outside but the room was clean and spacious and we were put at the back as I requested on my booking. Staff very friendly and helpful. No doubt the road was noisy but hardly PI fault. We didn't hear anything overnight but we did have the fan on which helped I am sure. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. Overall, a very good experience but please tidy up the outside of the building - it is off putting. What I would say is it must be seriously irritating for the staff to have keep tidying up the car park when customers empty their work vans of accumulated rubbish straight out of the door which happened twice - both times cleared up quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back but they overlook the car park if you want to avoid the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent visit to Arundel Premier Inn. We are pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your request for a room at the back of the hotel. At Premier Inn we strive ourselves in offering clean, comfortable rooms at reasonable prices and your comments regarding the outside of the hotel has been noted. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I spent a night here before a sales demonstration, arriving late after a long journey. The room was clean and comfortable, unfortunately a vent in the wall meant that I was able to hear every sound from outside.

Despite being at the back of the hotel, I was awoken repeatedly by passing cars. I was awoken (and kept awake for some time) at 05:00 by the dawn chorus. I was awoken at 07:30 (neary an hour earlier than I had intended to rise) by a nearby church bell, which then rang repeatedly until after I was up. Initially I blamed it all on the single-glazed sash window, it was only in daylight that I noticed the brick-sized hole in the wall.

When I met my boss at 08:45 for breakfast, the first thing he mentioned was having exactly the same problem with his own room (he also complained about his room being cold). As neither of us had had a good night's sleep, he requested a refund under Premier Inn's "No Quibble" guarantee. The staff quibbled and there was no refund.

Breakfast, at least, was the best that I've had at any Premier Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Arundel Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

great staff great hotel good food. going back again soon. keep it up staff you are a credit to premier inns . if all premier inns are as good as Arundels we will be going for many years . well done to all the staff

Room Tip: no tips just go there great
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on Arundel Premier Inn, we are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you once again.
UK
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stayed here for one night on business recently and the room was spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable, which after a day of travelling and meetings is just what was needed. My colleagues and I dined elsewhere in the evening but breakfast in the morning was very good; excellent service too.

On arriving hime I realised that I had left a pair of shoes behind. The first call I made to enquire as to whether they had been found wasn't returned but I called back later and spoke to Maurice (I hope I spelled that correctly!) who had checked us in the night before and he couldn't have been more helpful. He found the shoes and when I asked if they could be sent back he told me that that would be no problem. He truly is a credit to the hotel and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AJames321
Daniel T, Team Leader at Premier Inn Arundel Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are pleased to hear that the hotel met all your expectations and that you found the rooms to be spacious, clean & comfortable. I am glad to hear that Maurice was able to help you with your missing shoes and that you found him to be helpful. We hope to welcome you back to Arundel Premier Inn in the near future.
London
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here after booking 4 rooms as I was working at an event and can only say how brilliant the hotel and staff were. There's a Beefeater adjacent which is equally as good. The food choice was excellent and the breakfast was unbelievable.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank gladders G
Thank you for your recent review on Arundel Premier Inn, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the restaurant also met your expectations. We will pass the compliments on to the team. Thank you once again for your review.
england
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We decided to stay in Arundel for our wedding anniversary and the Premier Inn seemed to be a good bet as it it just far enough away from the town to be too 'involved' and near enough to either catch a bus or get a cab for not too much. (£5.20) from the centre back to the hotel).

Our room was up to the usual premier inn standard, clean and comfortable and both two breakfast and the one evening meal we had in the attached restaurant were good value, especially the evening meal as we had a 30% discount voucher pushed through our door the previous night which encouraged us to eat there! All in all, a very nice aty in a lovely part of the country.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad that you chose to stay with us for your wedding anniversary and that you enjoyed your stay. We are also pleased to hear that you found our hotel to meet the same standards you would expect in all Premier Inn's. We hope to welcome you back to Arundel Premier Inn in the near future. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Comfort Inn Arundel
Arundel Park Hotel
Arundel Park Hotel
#7 of 7 in Arundel
Premier Inn Littlehampton Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Arundel Hotel? Share your experiences!