A nice location and although a pleasant exterior and decor the rooms are quite dated and rough around the edges. The staff are friendly but probably low calibre.
Basic facilities are not catered for, there is no ironing board in the rooms, the TV is something from the 80's and the advertised WIFI is not accessible in areas other than the bar. On the plus side the bed was comfortable - it was a no frills sleep.
The menu looked great, traditional British pub grub, in reality it was low quality, cooked by a teenager and over priced. My £22 cooked rare T bone steak for example represented the bottom of my shoe.
This place is probably ok for a last resort or trip on a budget - keep your expectations low and you may be surprised. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its full refurbishment The White Swan Inn is now back on Arundel’s map situated just 5 minutes outside of Arundel and perfectly located for easy travel to Chichester, Fontwell and Goodwood. Now part of Pebble Hotels The White Swan has strived to create a contemporary edge to this traditional property with a blend of oak beams, open fires, bold fabrics and striking artwork. Relax in the fabulous new lounge with free WiFi access or enjoy a chilled glass of wine in the beautiful bar and restaurant where the new menus are served all day. The new look ensuite bedrooms offer all personal amenities, 24 hour room service, broadband internet connection and tea and coffee making facilities. Full English Breakfast is charged at an additional £9.50 per person. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Swan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Arundel
- White Swan Arundel
- The White Swan Arundel, West Sussex