So we arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a pleasant receptionist who checked us in promptly. Our room was number 3, ground floor, twin room. Room was clean, beds were comfy, shower was nice and powerful with lovely hot water.
We decided to have lunch, there were approximately 15 people all together and all ordered at the same time however the meals did not arrive at the same time, one meal turned up once everyone else had finished and the waitress was clearing the plates. The menu was quite pricey for what was served in my opinion. The home made onion rings we were looking forward too, came out and they were huge, however, the batter was very watery, if you can imagine watery batter, and had no flavour whatsoever.
About 5 people who ate at this time suffered stomach pains and upset tummies after eating so I am not so sure their 5* rating is all it cracks up to be.
When complaints were made about the time it was taking for certain meals the staff were rude about it and didn't apologise once. Not even when the last meal was brought out.
Service at the bar for drinks were poor, again the prices were high so we decided to pop out down to the local shops (10 mins away) for some drinks for the evening to save on the pennies (would recommend)!
In the morning (Monday morning) at 7.30 the bin men turned up and woke us up (which we didn't appreciate after our wedding party the night before) and then someone had a hoover on in the car park ?
The breakfast the next day was nice, full English, crossants and cereal were on offer together with orange juice, apple juice and tea/coffee.
For the price the room and breakfast I would say it is reasonably priced but they obviously bump up their drinks to cover costs.
Would I stay here again ? If they improved their food menu, reduced the food/drink prices and changed their bar staff yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its full refurbishment The White Swan Inn is now back on Arundel’s map situated just 5 minutes outside of Arundel and perfectly located for easy travel to Chichester, Fontwell and Goodwood. Now part of Pebble Hotels The White Swan has strived to create a contemporary edge to this traditional property with a blend of oak beams, open fires, bold fabrics and striking artwork. Relax in the fabulous new lounge with free WiFi access or enjoy a chilled glass of wine in the beautiful bar and restaurant where the new menus are served all day. The new look ensuite bedrooms offer all personal amenities, 24 hour room service, broadband internet connection and tea and coffee making facilities. Full English Breakfast is charged at an additional £9.50 per person. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Swan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Arundel
- White Swan Arundel
- The White Swan Arundel, West Sussex