“What a lucky accident”
Review of The Town House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arundel
The Town House
Ranked #4 of 17 Arundel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have been visiting Arundel since 1974 and have stayed in most local hotels,this time we couldn`t get into the Norfolk,nor the Swan and Arundel House was also full.Thinking we`d have to travel out of town we were pleased to find out that the previously ignored Town House had one vacancy.We settled for B&B but Lee said that if we changed our minds he`d honour the BB&Dinner offer.we decided,after a walk round town,to take him up on it.To start I tried the scallops and belly pork my wife the crab with mango salsa,for mains chateaubriand and lobster followed by a cheeseboard.With pre dinner drinks,a bottle of muscadet and 4 large remy martins;our bill for the nights accomodation,dinner with all that alcohol and a smoked salmon and scarmbled egg breakfast was £221!Where on the south coast are you going to get that?combined with friendly and extreme efficient service,nowhere else.We will be back I promise you only this time we`ll book.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lot36

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I went to the Town house today on my own as was passing through on business and wanted to go the the Town House for lunch previously, I must say the food was excellent, the bread which is obviously home made is to die for I could of eaten that forever . The quality of the food is excellent and it is very good value for the food of this standard which you would pay a lot more for in london restaurants.
I do not agree with previous comments on the service being pompus, I found the service very professional, atriculate and they made me fee special and welcome

Highly recommend this restaurant

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank noopster88
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We found The Town House by chance and have just spent our first two nights as a married couple there and it was fantastic. The Honeymoon sweet is absolutely beautiful with all original features and a four poster bed, the restaurant is in another beautiful room and the breakfast was to die for.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's situated perfectly on Arundel high street and the rooms one of the nicest i've ever stayed in for £130 per night.

Room Tip: They have four rooms, the suite is the best but on the road side of the building. If you want comple...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MogsyTraveller
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Went to the Town House for lunch yesterday, and wasn't disappointed. Had an amazing meal - scallops, lobster thermidor and strawberry syllabub and every single course was well thought out with delicious flavours and beautiful presentation. Excellent wine too - the head waiter was extremely knowledgable about all the wines, and was very helpful when it came to choosing which wines to have. His friendly yet professional manner made a great meal better. This was my second visit to the restaurant, and both times have been the same; a relaxed yet elegant atmosphere (look up at the ceiling!) with friendly staff and simply delicious food. Will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed R
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have been to the Townhouse on several occasions and have found the food rather good however the two gentlemen who run the restaurant leave a lot to be desired. The service is very off hand, actually quite rude. No smiles, and we shouldn't have to pour our own wine in a restaurant of this standard. They treated us as if we should be so lucky to be there. I hate this pretentious attitude so therefore will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank amberley217
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We have just returned from a Friday and Saturday night stay at the Townhouse for my husbands birthday. Lee is such a brilliant host, incredibly attentive, takes a genuine interest in what your doing whilst you stay and recommending things for you to do. The room (the suite) we had was lovely, great four poster bed and views of the high street and castle walls. The food at the Townhouse is incredible both in value and taste/presentation etc, we had 3 courses and it was something like £30 per person! I would highly recommend booking if you want to eat at the restaurant as it was full every night and at lunch time, the locals seem to go back time and time again, the people next to us at dinner had been there the week before! And you have to have the cooked breakfast in the morning as it was yummy! We'd certainly return again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I have just spent a mid week 3 nights dinner ,b & b at the charming Town House in Arundel.Do not let the laid back style of the chef/owner ,Lee, fool you,the man is a professional and his attention to detail is spot on.The meals were superb and the rooms first class (ours came with a bath).Arundel is a perfect spot to explore the South Downs & the South coast particularly if you are history junkies like us.The stunning Arundel castle is across the street !! The Town House is a restaurant with rooms so it does'nt boast the facilities of a hotel . Parking is on the street and has restrictions between 1000 am & 5pm.But if you time your day right this won't be a problem .Turn up after 4pm and you will park easily .The building is old and the stairs to the rooms quite steep and narrow so travel light.Check out that impressive ceiling in the restaurant .
I can only compliment Lee and his staff , we will definitely be going back .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VioletStokeonTrent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
0 mi away
#5 of 7 in Arundel
Bailiffscourt Hotel
Bailiffscourt Hotel
#1 of 1 in Climping

Been to The Town House? Share your experiences!