“Nice view”
Review of The Black Rabbit

The Black Rabbit
Reserve with OpenTable
The Black Rabbit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Arundel
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This pub is off the beaten track, to say the least. That said the view up to Arundel castle is really nice and the river gives a nice breeze. Beer was expensive for where we were and my partner did not get what she wanted. For somewhere that you have to drive to (I wouldn't want to walk) I can not see how this place keeps in business, but I guess drinking and driving are allowed in Arundel?

2  Thank UncleJona
There are newer reviews for The Black Rabbit

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I came here for lunch today with friends. It was a miserable day and lunch out seemed a good idea. The Black Rabbit is set on the river bank with fantastic views . The food was fine and the staff were amazing, warm friendly happy to make sure everything was ok,happy to talk , even at a busy lunch time you felt as if your custom was valued. It was a most pleasant experience. The food was fine although a bit basic ,but that was ok for what we wanted. There were smaller meals on offer as well which was nice,often you are faced with mountains of food which you don't really want. All in all it was enjoyable and will visit again although even on a wet Thursday it was busy so on a warm summers day I guess it will be manic.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We arrived at this pub on a very wet day and received a warm welcome. There was a good selection real ales and lagers and wines. We ordered Sloppy Joes which were described as a kind of chilli dish. Unfortunately we didn't notice that it was under the section called "American Subs" and when it arrived it was a small amount of chilli and cheese served between two halves of a hot-dog style bun with a side salad and chips. However, the chilli was delicious and eaten with the salad and chips and without the bun I found it quite adequate for a light lunch. Make sure you pay attention to what is written on the menu!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Really disappointed with lunch. If you want chips then you will be ok. But the vegetarian I had was just lumps of squash, tomatoes and a few bits of feta. Surely someone must have a little better imagination and talent in the kitchen? Someone else that i was with had liver and bacon and really chewy. The salad garnish on one of the plates looked old and in fact the beet root gratings had gone black one end with age! So then decided to try a salted ice cream sundae ( as what could be bad about that?) it was vanilla ice cream with salted pop corn in it, a load of cream on top and a little sauce. It hash to be one of the worst deserts I have ever had. I didn't complain as I had tried this once before and the woman I spoke to just wasn't interested. So if you want a lovely view and a plate of chips, or just a drink you will be fine, otherwise avoid until they sort themselves out!

2  Thank Carolinesm326
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Seemed overpriced for what we received. My meal was fairly tasteless & my wife's meal was adequate. Looks trendy, but far better available at less trendy places.

2  Thank t1metraveller