“It's been a while”

Fishbourne Roman Palace
Ranked #8 of 66 things to do in Chichester
Reviewed 26 February 2014

First visited this place many years ago when I was at school. Came back in mid 2013 with my brother and his American mate. This place is amazing the mosaics are well displayed and the information clear and engaging. The fella wandering around dressed as a roman soldier clearly loved his job. Would recommend the tour of the archeology centre which was extremely interesting, the grounds also made a pleasant walk in the sun, also allowed the discovery of a shed with a talking model I'm it, he had an amusing "super Mario" voice. Made my day.

3  Thank LRF1983

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I grew up about half a mile from where the palace is, before it was discovered. We used to walk the dog in these very ordinary fields. I am always delighted at the thought that under our dog-walking fields lay this magnificent site just waiting to be discovered ! Visiting today ( I had not been for a few years) I was very impressed by the layout and ease with which the lovely mosaics can be seen. The short film is excellent and gives a good overview of the whole palace; such a shame that much of it must now be under houses and the road. I am not sure how fascinating this would be for younger children, but for those studying Roman life I think it would be very good. We did not try the cafe?

1  Thank Unhappyfrenchowner
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent visit for half term. They offer an opportunity to dress up in Roman costume and have a photo taken for a tiny suggested donation. Great family based educational activities. Good overall facilities if a little dated in parts.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Fishbourne Roman Palace is a wonderful place full of the history of the Romans. They have fantastic mosaics that survived about 2000 years! It's amazing to think that a long time ago very rich people lived there. Two scary skeletons will be lying around somewhere in the museum! There's a massive garden outside the museum where you can have some fresh air. In a shed there's a freaky dummy with an Italian voice but don't worry that's the only dummy.

1  Thank Clare B
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

You don't get much change from £10 for a jacket pot and a coffee over priced for what it is very basic food and service don't think I will use again

1  Thank Simon_Richards37