“Very good as always”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of the walnut tree

the walnut tree
Ranked #45 of 236 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very good as always”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Been here several times. Another very nice meal and good service. Shared the Camembert starter which would easily serve 4. Followed that with sausage and mash. Needed more gravy as was a bit dry but otherwise tasty. Didn't have desert. Soft drink choice very limited. Service good and staff pleasant. No free WiFi which I would expect these days. I will return though in the future.

Visited June 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Poor service!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Food average as not a very nice piece of meat! And poor service, lazy slow staff!
Wont be back ever!

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A superb gastro pub with character”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have used this pub restaurant 6 times recently and as it is becoming more difficult to find decent food these days I felt compelled to write about this one.

The ambience is excellent being a combination of a character pub with spacious seating, log fires, and interesting decorative items

The menu is extensive from inexpensive upwards but all very reasonably priced. Quality of service and the calibre of waiters is excellent ad help make the stay more enjoyable. Food is very good and we have never had a single concern about any of the dishes served us.

We use gastro pubs frequently around the Chichester and South Downs area and this is one of my top 3 within 45 miles drive of Havant.

I would recommend the Walnut Tree to anyone looking for a lovely place to eat at reasonable prices.

Ifield, West sussex United Kingdom
“GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stopped off here for a very quick evening meal on saturday 25 may 2013 at 6.30pm, the restaurant was very busy and I did not think we would get a table. The restaurant manager offered us a table for 2 as long as we could vacate the table by 7.45 pm as it was already booked. Which for us was not a problem as we needed to be in and out as quickly as possible as we needed to get back home to Crawley as soon as pos.

We both had mushrooms with bacon and a lovely creamy sauce well presented and very nice. I had a rib eye steak which was ok not the best I have ever had but it was certainly ok. Trish had a Gressingham duck which looked lovely and was apparently beautiful.

I had a Pint of very nice London Pride which was kept very well.

The bill was £50.00 which was not bad. If we were down near Chichester (which we quite often are) we would certainly go back.

• Visited May 2013
“A very enjoyable evening!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Came in Saturday eve was greeted by a very nice girl behind the bar as soon we walked in drinks were served straight away. Then we all chose from the boards I had the belly of pork which was just delicious my friend had the half shoulder of lamb which they thoroughly enjoyed. Cannot fault the service the friendly atmosphere and how welcome we were made to feel. Looking forward to working my way through the menu in the very near future! ....Thank you all for a wonderful evening.