“We've found a real gem of a restaurant!”
Review of The Walnut Tree

The Walnut Tree
Ranked #44 of 247 Restaurants in Chichester
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Chichester, United Kingdom
“We've found a real gem of a restaurant!”
Reviewed 4 December 2010

What a find - the Walnut Tree, Runcton must surely be one of the top three restaurants in Chichester. It's certainly number one for warmth and charm - and that's just the staff!

Our group of family and friends regularly wine and dine there and we cannot praise the delicious food , service and ambience enough! There is a warm and welcoming fire in the hearth and a warm and welcoming atmosphere at the bar! The staff are friendly and polite and every need is catered for.

When we visit, usually at the weekend, we always receive a polite and professional welcome from the charming french man! He is a true "mine host" and looks after everyone with the same attentiveness and panache.

arundel
“Can't review as atmosphere so awful”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I wanted to take my family out somewhere new for lunch so I thought I'd go and have a look at The Walnut Tree as it had good reviews on Trip Advisor. At around 6pm when I arrived I entrered the bar, ordered a pint and had a look at the restaurant. All looked OK, menu looked interesting enough. I sat down at a table and all I could hear from the bar was an uncouth, boorish gentleman, whom, if he had talked any louder would have been shouting. Every other word was the F-Word. Does The Walnut Tree have no policy on foul and offensive language on the premises. I could have had the family with me and to be confronted by this is unacceptable. There was only one young lady working behind the bar - and if there is a policy against this sort of behaviour - it is surely unreasonable to expect a woman on her own to deal with it.

Before I consider bringing my family to the Walnut Tree - which I very much doubt will be the case after this experience - I would like to give the owners the opportunity to respond.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Good food for a large number of hungry people”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

About thirty of us descended on the Walnut tree on Monday afternoon, September 27th 2010. Following a funeral at the Chichester Crematorium, we were looking forward to prompt service in a warm pub - and the Walnut Tree delivered exactly what we wanted;

The food was ready on time as we arrived.; the coffee was fresh and hot; The team was freshly brewed and the manager and his staff kept everything topped up throughout the following hour.

The sandwiches were fresh and had obviously been made with care; the fillings were deep and generous.

The staff could not have done more to look after us; we'll be back for a meal in the restaurant some tome (soon!).

"Well done" to ALL the team at the Walnut Tree in Runcton.

London
“The Restaurant & Pub you want on your doorstep - book first”
Reviewed 21 March 2010

My partner and I were staying in Chichester and had already had the enjoyment of visiting the Walnut Tree some time ago and it was good then. We went along in the afternoon and had a drink, we took the wise decision of booking for the evening and it was necessary too, as soon after I heard that they were fully booked!

That evening it was a great meal, service, atmosphere and would thoroughly recommend.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Traditional pub with warmth & character”
Reviewed 25 January 2010

This is our local pub but truly the best for miles around. On a Saturday lunchtime we quite regularly choose something from the cottage menu for £7.95. Fishcakes in lemon and tarragon sauce is our favourite, but on a Saturday night or a special occassion we regularly choose the fillet steak with wholegrain mustard sauce. The selection of vegatables offered are always fresh and chips or potatoes cooked beautifully.The meat is always first quality and cooked to you liking to perfection. In our opinion it is the best steak this side of Vegas. The managers are very warm and welcoming, and i have been told that the staff are all long standing members which really shows in the quality of the food produced and the service recieved. If you are in the area, then try it. You will not be disappointed.