My wife and I have stayed here twice now and seeing some of the negative comments by previous visitors thought we would tell of a totally different experience. On both occasions we have been made more than welcome by all of the staff including the landlady. Our accommodation was a twin ensuite and was slightly bigger than some of the Inns that we have been to. The menu is quite imaginative and sourced locally. It is freshly cooked and the portions are good. The pub has won a West Sussex CAMERA award is one of the nicest pints we have tasted on our travels. We have stayed in several pubs from the Good Beer Guide and it is worth remembering that this is not advertised as five star accommodation but is an old fashioned country pub with a good mix of locals and visitors. In this sense it lives up to its name. We have also tried several of the other local pubs and restaurants in this area, some of which have been mentioned in other reviews, but for good quality and value for money the Horse & Groom is hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed in The Good Beer Guide, the Horse and Groom is a friendly and welcoming country pub located in East Ashling, a picturesque village at the foot of the South Downs just a short journey from the charming city of Chichester.With its traditional bar, oak-beamed restaurant and 17th-century flint barn accommodation, the Horse and Groom is a great local meeting place with a comfortable atmosphere that is nurtured by the landlord and landlady, Mike and Michelle Martell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Horse & Groom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Horse And Groom
- The Horse & Groom Hotel Chichester
- The Horse & Groom Chichester, West Sussex