What should have been a romantic night in a boutique hotel near Chichester turned out to be nothing like described on their website, my husband managed to get me to pop into the town centre to try and find something to eat. As I lagged behind him gutted that our evening had come to nothing, we came across The Nags Head. I looked at the menu and saw a refreshing change from the "usual"pub grub I was expecting to see. I perked up when I saw the mouthwatering dishes on offer. Upon entering we were greeted by Alex with a huge welcoming smile. The starters was a baked Camembert to share...outstanding! The mains followed, Haddock on creamy mash, poached egg and hollandaise sauce...with spinach, my husband had the Chicken stroganoff, both of which were superb. The service which included the Chef loaning me his phone charger to zap my dead phone to enable me to sat nav our way home, the delightful Alex who for a young man with superb customer services, and a manager who clearly has a great team under him I give a 10/10! Well return without doubt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NagsSituated in the heart of Chichester, The Nag's Head is the perfect venue for visiting the city. Whether you're popping in for a drink, having a meal, or staying a while, the ambience of this traditional tavern with modern touches will suit everyone.Our barWe are proud of our heritage, which is reflected in the ambience created by our lovingly restored bar. We offer a good range of drinks & non-alcoholic beverages, and quality home-made food.Our restaurantOur carvery remains a firm favourite, offering outstanding meals alongside our main restaurant menu. Our chefs use freshly prepared, local and seasonal produce, served in a friendly & relaxed atmosphere.Our accommodationOur eleven tasteful, individually designed rooms are all en-suite, with television and tea & coffee making facilities. Our excellent full English breakfast is included in the price.Our well-placed TV screens enable viewers to watch a selection of live sporting events, either within our bar area or on our large screen within the lounge area. Enjoy the match with a drink or snack from our bar menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Nags Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nags Head Hotel Chichester
- The Nags Head Chichester, West Sussex