“Great sandwiches”
Review of The Nags Head

The Nags Head
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Chichester
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We dropped in for a quick sandwich and were not disappointed. They used fresh bread, and not the sliced "plastic" variety, filled with plenty of tasty fresh ham and salad in one and generous portions in the club sandwich.

Overall we were pleasantly surprised and would gladly return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I have just returned after having lunch at the Nags Head Chichester, I ordered pork loin from the wall board and asked the waiter what veg came with it he did not know so had to ask the kitchen, when it arrived it was not loin more like fatty gammon, he returned latter to ask if every thing was o.k I told him no as I had ordered pork loin not what was on my plate, he went to the kitchen and cam back to tell me it was in fact a pork chop I told him that the wall board said loin not chops he just walked away, I was asked later by a waitress if the food was o.k and told her no and got the same response, when I came to pay I complained to the cashier she just gave me the bill and ignored me and asked the next customer if she could help.
I should have known better as on my last visit I had the roast dinner I went to the counter for my meat and waited for ages as their was no one to carve the meat I had to ask a waiter to get someone,
I think the the manager needs to take a long look how the place is being run,
I will certainty will not return as their is many better restaurants in Chichester. The restaurant was busy, but this should not be an excuse for ignorant staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We visited the restaurant as a family of 4 with a 20 month old. The Restaurant is lovely, well lit and reasonably spaced. The staff were attentive and always on hand when needed. However the food as well presented as it was only warm at best and served on cold plates which led to the food going cold very quickly.
This was mentioned to staff who took the suggestionto the chef. Sort this it and the rating would be better

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Nice traditional pub tastefully extended, with lovely clean accommodation and very convenient for the town centre. We had booked a twin room for our teenage children and they were delighted to be given a room with twin beds and an adjoining room with a double bed, both with TVs. We had a very spacious room with a huge bed which was very comfortable. The weather was very cold however the rooms were very well heated and we felt very cosy. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and nothing was a problem. The breakfast was delicious, and although we didn't have a meal there we saw people dining and the food looked fabulous, particularly the carvery. We will definitely stay there again when we next visit Chichester.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are less noisy as it is situated on a busy road
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 608igi
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Very handy for car park & shopping. Brassiere Blanc is just around the corner. Excellent breakfast. Staff very pleasant and efficient. The carvery looked and smelt delicious - we didn't eat there as we had already booked a table at Brassiere Blanc, but will eat there next time which we will definitely do. Highly reccommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the pub - overlooking the car park it's quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CaptNickWarsash
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Overall our 3 night stay was comfortable, staff very friendly and breakfast good. However, although the room was adequately furnished, it was situated directly above the main Bar. It's really encouraging to see such a successful pub particularly as The Nags Head lacks a private carpark but overnight guests who want a quiet sleeping space after 11pm should think twice before booking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We booked this room expecting a double bed & two pull outs for our twin 19 year old sons embarking on their 3 year University experience. We were pleasantly surprised, however, to find a double bed in one room & two single beds in a linked room. Both rooms had its own TV & we shared a bathroom & toilet. The décor was tasteful, clean & comfortable. We had a hearty & tasty breakfast in the bright & clean restaurant. The staff were polite, friendly & helpful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Family Room ticks all the boxes
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family