We visited for the carvery Sunday lunch and to be honest non of us were impressed with the food. The chef carving the meat was very put out when I asked for a yorkshire pudding that wasn't sat on the hot plate with the meat because I am vegetarian. He told me that he would get one for me when he wasn't busy because he had to serve meat to the, very long, queue of customers. Only a few vegetables were on offer and all being in water meant that a lot of water ended up on the plate.
I was shocked at the price of £11.95 for the meal. The owners need to visit a Toby Carvery and see what they offer for £5.99, much nicer food and a bigger choice of vegetables.
The staff at the Nags Head were all lovely and very helpful, shame about the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NagsSituated in the heart of Chichester, The Nag's Head is the perfect venue for visiting the city. Whether you're popping in for a drink, having a meal, or staying a while, the ambience of this traditional tavern with modern touches will suit everyone.Our barWe are proud of our heritage, which is reflected in the ambience created by our lovingly restored bar. We offer a good range of drinks & non-alcoholic beverages, and quality home-made food.Our restaurantOur carvery remains a firm favourite, offering outstanding meals alongside our main restaurant menu. Our chefs use freshly prepared, local and seasonal produce, served in a friendly & relaxed atmosphere.Our accommodationOur eleven tasteful, individually designed rooms are all en-suite, with television and tea & coffee making facilities. Our excellent full English breakfast is included in the price.Our well-placed TV screens enable viewers to watch a selection of live sporting events, either within our bar area or on our large screen within the lounge area. Enjoy the match with a drink or snack from our bar menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Nags Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nags Head Hotel Chichester
- The Nags Head Chichester, West Sussex