“Beautiful Thai experience”

Giggling Squid
Ranked #68 of 260 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The experience begins with a warm welcome on arrival. The atmosphere created by the furniture and general decor is one of freshness and it raises the spirits immediately. The food was first class both as to presentation and freshness. The choices on the menu kept me busy for a while as they were interesting. I was a little surprised that whilst the staff in the kitchen were 100% Thai, the front of house were largely European. My preference is for Thai ladies to serve me.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went for our first meal there as we enjoy a Thai meal to bring back memories of traveling Thailand . We had our complimentary glass of bubbly which was a nice touch . Our waitress was very attentive and very friendly and met all our needs . I thought the wine selection a bit pricy and dishes a bit expensive as didn’t include rice or noddles .
We did enjoy the food and thought very tasty and spicy enough for our taste buds . I wasn’t sure about the decor and music was intermittent .
Will return but not in a hurry .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked online a table for 6 (father's day treat) but they only take bookings for up to 4 online. Phoned the restaurant to get a table for 6 guests only to be told the restaurant would only take bookings for tables up to 5 guests at a time due to it being newly opened and it was full. In the end myself and hubby went alone as we felt it unfair having to choose which family members to leave at home.

I was absolutely flabbergasted when I arrived to find the place had so many empty tables. Next to us was an empty table of 4 which could've easily been moved to accommodate my request of 6.

I understand it had only been opened to paying customers six days ago and staff are still being trained (there seemed to be more staff than customers) so teething problems are expected but I don't see how limiting tables to 5 guests max would be a problem.

Now for the food and service review......

Food tasty and fresh.
Good idea to let us have our mains before giving us the desert menu.
Good idea to let us have plates to eat our mains.

So, all in all I'm not overwhelmed by my first experience there. Will I book again for a table of 6 so we can go as a family????

GigglingSquid, Giggling Team at Giggling Squid, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear that you weren't too happy with this, if you would like to discuss this further then please contact simon.g@gigglingsquid.com.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What can I say, the title says it all!! My wife and I found ourselves on Saturday 23 June 2018 in Chichester and were looking for somewhere different to eat and found The Giggling Squid. Beautifully clean, bright and decorated, a lot of effort has gone into making the whole area open and warm.

We were shown to the 'Birdcage' and offered water and crackers straight away. Menu's for lunch were amazing and we wanted to taste it all. Went for the One Giggling Squid and Two Giggling Squid options - both were simply amazing! We have travelled extensively worldwide and this one without a doubt one of our best ever Thai lunches. Curries were warm and sweet and not overwhelming, rice was perfect the chili beef and lime simply to die for and the squid was the the freshest ever. A truly, truly lovely lunch - not over priced and worth every penny, we were full and very happy when finished.

The service at the table was provided by Ed. Outstanding, service, obviously very proud to be working in this new restaurant (only been open a week), spoke very highly of all the staff the management and especially the chef! In fact the service was so good, when one of the staff witnessed a fly land on my rice, he immediately removed it and returned with a fresh plate (including another curry dish!).

Outstanding service and food what more could we ask for. Am already planning a trip back next week and bringing a party of ten in a couple of weeks time, it really is worth it!

Thanks Giggling Squid.

1  Thank ThePatersonGang
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited here for lunch with my husband and 7yo son. We were immediately struck by how beautiful the restaurant looked- there has clearly been a huge amount of investment. There was lots of very reasonably priced choices for lunch, and it was great to see a kids menu that was authentic, without the stock nuggets/pizza/chips etc. Great drinks choices, again very reasonably priced and our waitress Liv was delightful - it’s so great to see that the staff genuinely care about customers having a good experience and seem very invested and engaged in making the restaurant successful. We will be back!

2  Thank Familytraveller2012