“Great holiday, couldn't fault it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chichester Lakeside Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Chichester Lakeside Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Great holiday, couldn't fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Came here with my family and thoroughly enjoyed my time. Very clean, great location and would definitely come again. Pool was lovely, staff were really friendly and the site is clean and well looked after!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Chichester Lakeside Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 1 December 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you and your family had a lovely holiday. Thank you for your positive comments which I will be passing on to my whole team at Lakeside.
I look forward to welcoming you back for another great holiday soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have stayed here for a week and it's been amazing. The place I am living is very nice and suited my family.
Swimming pool very clean and the people just want to help you 24/7! Would defo come here again
Recommend this place 100%

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a positive review of your recent holiday with us at Lakeside. It is always pleasing for my team and I to hear when our guests have enjoyed themselves and plan to return again, as well as recommending our holiday park. I hope you are able to return for another stay in the near future. Many thanks.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I booked this 2 night Bank Holiday break on the Friday lunchtime without reviewing Tripadvisor. After booking and then reviewing my heart sank. Reading the reviews made me consider whether it was worth even turning up as with the late booking it was a Bronze caravan.

We arrived at 1.30pm and got the caravan at 3pm, an hour ahead of schedule. Yes the caravan was "small" but it was clean, well presented and everything we needed. We could not fault the accommodation and we are used to the higher specification end caravans The heating and cooking facilities worked and were clean.

The evening facilities were looking tired but we found them clean and adequate for the weekend. The drinks prices were very reasonable and £3.50 a pint was excellent value The shop I expected the worst with but was pleased to see all the basics being available and more. Our daughter had great fun in the arcade and again I found it more than enough to keep her busy. No incidents of failing machines.

The only negative I can give it was the availability of the Slush drinks. I Think more training is needed to keep these machine active and generate more sales for the Bar and Shop. One of the bar staffs favourite sayings was '" it will be an hour before it's ready" yet you could go into the Adult bar and be served within 5 minutes.

A number of caravans were lived in but they were very well looked after and not an issue. The swimming pool was used on the Saturday and Sunday and was great for the kids

Overall I found the site value for money and can't understand why all the negative comments. Keep up the good work and keep offering the value deals.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Colindalana D
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us. I am delighted you were pleasantly surprised by your accommodation and the whole park exceeded your expectations. Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back for another holiday, keep an eye on Park Holidays website there are always fantastic deals to be found.
Thank you.
hertfordshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Have recently returned from a one night stay at this park where we were camping and had booked electric pitches. If I had known how bad the noise was going to be, we would have booked elsewhere. There were a number of us and we had booked 5 electric pitches on the basis that they would be together so that we could put our children to sleep and the adults could remain outside later in the evening, We called and checked this on the morning of arrival and were told this would be the case. They were wrong, we were allocated two sets of two together and one on its own and eventually had to come up with our own solution so that we could all pitch together.

The toilets were pretty horrific, dirty, smelly and in desperate need of a good extractor fan!

The one good thing was the heated outdoor pool which the children loved! However, the changing cubicle that my husband used had blood on the floor, which is pretty disgusting to say the least!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gen1980
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear we were unable to accommodate all of your party in the same area on our Touring Park, I apologise. I will be checking the number of times the toilet facilities were cleaned each day during your stay. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I am delighted to hear your children enjoyed our swimming pool only sorry that the person before your husband in the changing rooms left them in such a mess.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Misleading in that you are not told electric pitches are adjacent to A27 and the noise is right through the night with heavy traffic. The toilet and shower block smell so bad due to the lack of ventilation. The shop prices are double bread was £1.75 a loaf. Amenities for the size of the sight is not worth having. We left earlier than we had booked so we could caught up on our sleep. The worst camp site I know and I would not recommend it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Suey5550
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Chichester Lakeside Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Lakeside. If you would like to discuss the above with me please feel free to email me on lakesideadmin@parkholidays.com and I will be more than happy to discuss with you.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have just stayed at Lakeside for a 2 night break in a 3 bed gold plus caravan.
Nice and clean with our beds made on arrival. We was in a nice spot, quite near the main complex but didn't experience too much noise. The swimming pool was lovely, clean and well managed by the 3 lifeguards that were on duty. Passes are issued which you have to show on entrance to the pool, as this stops people who are not on the site just turning up for a swim.
This is not unusual, as we've holidayed in other places including France and there is always some kind of pass or wristband issued.
The clubhouse was good, and when the weather is nice you can sit outside on the decking overlooking the lakes which are really nice. The site is kept clean and tidy. We have stayed here a few times and have never had a bad experience.
Chichester is a lovely town, well worth a visit to the shops and cathedral, if you fancy a walk it's about 25 minutes.
A lot of the vans and lodges on this site are owned and are kept really well, nice to have a walk around.
On the
We did not use the restaurant but as far as the shop is concerned it stocks all your basic needs, we forgot tea, sugar, oil, butter etc and it stocked all we needed.
All the staff were friendly enough, and we really enjoyed our stay.... Thank you Lakeside

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay at Chichester Lakeside. It’s lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and have been to us before and will hopefully continue to return.
We do certainly have the membership passes in place to ensure only our holiday makers make the most of our facilities as a priority. I am glad you were able to get all of your essentials in our convenience store and enjoyed the clubhouse.
We look forward to your next visit to us.
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a group of 10 (6 x adults, 4 x children 2-5) over 3 x tent pitches over bank holiday.

On arrival the campsite looks very pretty with the lakes etc. however, this & the other campers who were really considerate of other guests were the only positives.

Our pitches were on the far side of the field, literally no more than 5ft from the a27 main road. We can only describe it as like sleeping next to the m25. It should not be allowed to have pitches so close to the main road, or if they do, these should be offered at a significant reduced rate & advertised when booking. We did not get any sleep the whole time we were there due to the extensive traffic noise.

What's laughable is that these are supposed to be premium pitches as they are electric hook ups!

These pitches are also a good distance from the filthy dirty shower blocks - very limited number of facilities for the sheer volume of people there. We didn't see the blocks being cleaned once in 3 days- they were truly filthy, both toilets & shower cubicles- full of mud, grass & goodness knows what else, they stank to high heaven.

The welcome pack advises to leave 3m between pitches for fire safety- they clearly don't follow their own advice based on the number of tents they had crammed in on the main field. One of the things we enjoy about camping is space for the children to explore & play- this wasn't possible here as every square foot was taken up- we felt packed in like sardines.

The pool & shop (if it can be called that!) was a good 20min walk away. The pool & changing areas were filthy. The shop didn't even stock basics like ice- a basic camping essential! It was fine if you wanted a selection of frozen ready meals....

We still managed to make the best of the weekend by doing everything offsite- huge sainsburys up the road to stock up & beautiful wittering only 15mins away.

All in all it was as far from relaxing as possible & we had all left by 8am on our last day as the lack of sleep & noise from the road was horrific.

Park resorts should be ashamed for offering such poor quality camping- take a look at independent sites like sumners pond or better quality resorts like sandy balls or parkdean to see how it should be done.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jdisney
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Chichester Lakeside Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 2 December 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Lakeside. I am disappointed you did not enjoy yourselves. If you would like to discuss the issues you have personally I will be pleased to speak to you. Please provide a contact telephone number via our email address lakesideadmin@parkholidays.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chichester
BEST WESTERN Beachcroft Hotel
Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel
The Nags Head
The Nags Head
#9 of 9 in Chichester

Been to Chichester Lakeside Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!