“Great afternoon”

Earnley Butterflies Birds and Beasts
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Visited with 3 grandchildren 9 and under and it kept them interested all afternoon. Friendly and helpful staff, beautiful gardens which we thoroughly enjoyed and lots of animals. It will be a sad day if this place closes for lack of funds - where else can you take young children on a rainy afternoon that doesn't cost the earth? They also have a fiendish treasure hunt which had us going round in circles - great fun!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 15 June 2011

I visit here every year as we enjoy the fact its not commercialised, has plenty to do for the children and also adults alike, a great hands on attraction with all the butterflies and birds in open spaces, I do feel the critiscisms are unfair as there are signs up explaining that Noahs Ark is leaving as they can no longer afford the upkeep, but the butterfly gardens are replacing all the animals that will be rehomed as Noahs Ark is a seperate area, so I dont think that £8.00 for an adult is expensive. They have a nice outdoor picninc area with a kids playground, the gardens are very well kept and maybe some people dont like gnomes but its all done in good humour and should be seen as such,the staff are very friendly and helpful, the cafe serves a good selection of food at reasonable prices with generous portions,and the nicest homemade cakes, the gift shop has recently had a make over and sells very good value gifts for all ages. I for one will definatly be going back to see what new animals they will be having next year, a lovely place and worth a visit . Oh and where else can you have a game of crazy golf for £2.00 a good end to the day!!!!

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I visited at the weekend and was very sad to read notices that noahs ark was closing later in the year due to lack of funding.

My wife and I visit noahs ark alot throughout the year, and we love it! The staff that work at noahs ark are an inspiration! Everytime we have visitors to stay with us we always take them along to meet the animals! Becky, Trevor and Lucy always say hello to us and always remember us! Which is always nice!

My favourite animal Is reggie in the avairy he is so tame and frendly, how often can you say you have been able to get that close to animals!

I will miss this place very much!

Thank you Trevor, Becky and Lucy for making all our visits so enjoyable! You all do such a great job!

Reviewed 27 May 2011

I recently visited as I often do and was very disappointed to see signs that noahs ark were closing due to lack of funding??!! Considering the price to enter the centre you would think that there was enough funding for them to stay..

I'm very sadend by this as I think what they do for unwanted and badly treated animals is amazing..

I don't think I will be returning as it won't be the same without all the animals they have there and the helpfulness of the staff.

I like butterflys but there is never that many in there so quite disappointing, and who would be that inspired by some crappy gardens! Especially a group of old tatty gnomes! Who puts gnomes in there gardens anymore!

Definitely won't be worth the £8 they charge for entry!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2011

we had 3 generations in our group, and all completely loved it. we completely disagree with the negative comments, and are glad that we didnt go by them!!! if you want commercialism then maybe its not for you! but if that doesnt bother you then its deffinately worth going! yes, the price seems a lot, but it all goes to the lovely animals there. and where else can you get a days entertainment for £8!??!. staff were very helpful, food was reasonably priced, as was the gift shop. and where else can you go and get so close to a variety of beautiful birds and butterflies! we spent HOURS there and would deffinately go again. being a keen photographer this place was also great to get good, upclose photos of flora and fauna . thank you for a great day out. :)