“An enjoyable morning”

Earnley Butterflies Birds and Beasts
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Visited today with 2 young children 3 and 1. Although fairly small the butterfly greenhouse is absolutely great, we especially loved being able to see all of the butterflies coming out from their cocoons, really fascinating. The birds, animals and reptiles were basic but enjoyable and seemed to be well looked after and it was nice to see the birds flying freely around the . All of the staff we came across were really friendly and helpful. The park does look a bit rough around the edges but this kind of adds to the experience - a real family run 'homemade' business. I would definitely recommend a visit especially on a wet day at most things are indoors

All reviews
in 8 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is so much more than butterflies.When you first arrive it looks a little rundown. The entrance for pensioners was £6.50 but as we were a group (40+ pensioners) we only paid £5.85. What value for money. First there was the butterfly house. I have been to a few and not seen some of the large butterflies before. Then we went into the bird house where like the butterflies they were flying freely.Yes some of bird boxes are tatty and been pecked by the birds but this is surely how they would be in wild.There were lots of under cover (by massive greenhouses) gardens. They were really unusual and I bet are beautiful in Spring. There were animals and birds outside. An indoor reptile house. Indoor shipwreck display. The best bit isn't advertised much its full of nostalgia.There were clothes, toys, furniture hundreds of interesting items of times gone by. There is also a café and shop. Most can be seen indoors on a wet day.We were all very impressed to see so much in one place for so little.

1  Thank lfcwest
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We thought we would be able to kill a few hours here after reading other reviews. Sadly after 50 mins we decided to move on. Everything is tired and run down. The birds and butterflies are lovely but this certainly isn't worth the money.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Earnley Butterflies,Birds and Beasts is a brilliant day out with the kids, I took my five year old here two years ago, and when I asked her recently where she would like to go she asked to go here, so it obviously made an impression on her back then.
I have to say it was much better than I remeber it being and we were there for the whole day with my 4 year old nephew in tow and at no time did any of us get bored. Whole heartedly recommend a visit here.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband I visited here September 2013 and we there for hours, very friendly welcome and readily provided any information required! Started with delicious freshly made sandwiches and a coffee then made our way round. I could have stayed in the butterfly enclosure forever, the different varieties and colours were amazing but disappointed my husband couldn't get the camera quick enough to photograph the butterfly that landed on my head! Then fantastic in the bird enclosure to be up so close and personal with the different birds who were so amusing they way they looked and seemed to chatter to you. The Nostalgia Museum is a great addition and full marks to the owners for including this different idea, brought back loads of fond memories of my childhood. Outside didn't disappoint at all either - gardens, animals and Victory Museum - fascinating. Recommended to everyone!!