“Crouchers restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Crouchers Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 233 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$23 - US$44
Cuisines: British, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The restaurant is an ideal place to entertain and enjoy a relaxed meal, or for a special ocassions. •Characterful oaked beamed restaurant with views over open countyrside. •Award winning Cuisine, AA 2 Rosettes for food excellence •Local ingredients and seasonal dishes •Open to the public lunch and dinner •Private dining for up to 22 guests in the conservatory and Garden room •Open for functions and parties up to 110 guests •Two course lunch for £12.50, Monday to Saturday •Ala carte and set menu for dinner, from 21.50 for three courses •Sunday lunch a speciality 18.50 for two courses and 21.50 for three courses Our wine list has carefully selected wines from regions all over the world. There are great South African wines on the list a personal touch of the proprietors. However dont let us tempt you away from the other excellent and traditional wines. •Stylish bar with a relaxed and luxurious atmosphere •Many wines by the glass and champagne •Cocktails •Free bar snacks on Fridays , cocktails £4.00 4pm to 7pm •Also available for Champagne receptions and canape parties
London, United Kingdom
“Crouchers restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We did not eat in the restaurant, but the bar where the food was very good and the staff excellent. They even served my husband a sandwich when the kitchen was officially closed.

Visited August 2014

“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary at this gorgeous Hotel from Friday 1st-Monday 5th. Absolutly wonderful place. The rooms are super. Very clean, well aired and very comfortable bed. A small patio area looks over fields. I have a Guide Dog and he loved it as well. The staff are lovely as well.
In fact we enjoyed it so much, we are going back in September for a weeks holiday. Well why not. Can't think of anything negative to say to be honest :))

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

It's been many years since we last visited Crouchers and what an improvement. The Staff were friendly and attentive. The food was spot on . Proper roast potatoes and proper roast pork opposed to those thin slices of something that resembles meat. Great value for two courses, couldn't manage a dessert. There was low level background music which was unobtrusive and pleasant. The tables were spaced so that you were not on top of each other and privy to others conversations. Really enjoyed this visit.

• Visited July 2014
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

After a few superb meals here I felt the need to write and comment on what was a truly memorbale Fathers Day lunch I enjoyed with my family. The day was a complete surprise to me and I was delighted when we pulled into the car park which is very specious and needed to be given the amount of clientele on show that day.

On arrival we were greeted by Carlo and Elliot with a bottle of Fizz waiting for us. All pre-planned by my good lady but I have to say was executed perfectly, I have to comment on their friendly approach as it was a further 45 mins before we decided to sit down and at no time were we rushed. In fact Carlo brought the Menus to us to look at and told us to take our time and enjoy the afternoon.

On ordering I mentioned to my wife I fancied Scallops to start but I could see they were not on the Menu. To my suprise this had been overheard and I was delighted when told that the Kitchen would do the Scallops for us. A real piece of class service for me and rarely found these days.

Our food in short was simply outstanding, excellent local fresh produce and 5 star service all the way. The gravy for the roast beef was truly historic and desserts and cheese board were demolished.

We rounded the day off with a couple of fantasitc cocktails (authentic) and shared some laughs at the bar with other diners and staff who made the whole day a perfect end to be honest. I did notice they also had a superb bar menu that my wife and I have since re-visited and sampled. Again all excellent.

If you are looking for a real touch of class with a warm and friendly feel from management and staff that really care about their clients and business then look no further. A must visit for all..!

P.S I am also told they have rooms to match the quality of the food so we will be sure to stay next time.

• Visited June 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A Consistent Performer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Having visited this restaurant at this time of year (June/July) in 2011 and 2012, when I found the food and service excellent, I can report that my recent visit in June 2014 showed no signs of falling below the high standards I have come to expect here. The food is excellent! The attention to detail is everything you would expect from a high quality restaurant and the service is friendly, if indeed some of the waiting staff are a bit inexperienced.
I had the gazpacho soup with crab and smoked salmon terrine to start, an unusual but delightful combination ideal for a warm summers day. This was followed by angus tenderloin accompanied by a rich jus and field mushrooms assisted by dauphinoise and a smear of sweet potato purée. Absolutely beautiful! The pork belly three ways had by one of my co-diners looked excellent too. An excellent pana cotton rounded off a perfect meal.
If there is any criticism, it was in the lack of waiting continuity on our table. We were served by at least four different waiting staff and there was a mix-up over desert in which my co-diner ordered an ice cream with salted caramel. When the kitchen were being a bit slow I enquired and was told the chocolate fondant takes 15 minutes! My confusion was compounded by the waitress informing me (rather curtly) that there was no ice cream on the menu and that I must be mistaken. I apologized and asked for the menu only to find that I was right! An ice cream with salted caramel WAS offered and that is what I had heard my guest order! A small incident, but to stay at the top is tough and Crouchers need to brief their staff thoroughly before service. As a customer I don't like being told I'm wrong! Particularly when I'm not!

• Visited June 2014