“Busy but nice”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At The Barn Harvester in Chichester food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Chichester, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Westhampnett, Kingsham and Boxgrove, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Corn was over-cooked by about 45 minutes, however rest of the food was fine, friendly service and plenty of salad

Reviewed 16 December 2012

A very poor 'Christmas Party' meal here last night - 10 of us were served slowly by un-interested staff, not allowed to put drinks on our table tab before it was ready and were served food of a very poor standard. I was told when booking that the place was due refurbishment but it was cancelled, going by the state of the carpets and seats this is well overdue!

Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

Food is suboptimal but good value. Main issue I felt was the staff being not interested in you. Hard to get a smile, sometimes even rude. On few occasions didn't have what we ordered. The dessert is just full of cream to make it look humongous although no real taste to it. Only reason I would go back to have the old speckled hen , which is available on the tap!

Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

Two if us dined. I ordered the ribeye steak rare. my partner orderd the chicken platter. 15 mins for main course. The salad bar is good yet a tad dirty and lord if spillages of food in other food. No team caring for this. Just refilling like a processing plant.....food In food out.......where was I...... Steak the cheapest cut ever . Tough as Hell. I thought it was the knife so I asked for a new one twice. The chicken platter was good that's what he expected. I called the manager and refused to pay for my steak as it was an old end piece. He then tried to educate me on the cuts and what should be eaten rare. For example Fillet. Now taking this lesson from an Asian male disturbed me.......after this 7 min lecture I decided to pay just for the platter and the drinks ... I have never dine this before , yet I am not paying for a cookery lesson and bad steak in one go. Will I go back. Yes. One more chance. However I will never order any kind of steak or grill from this place. It's always busy as its cheep and you could feed a family of 4 for 30 quid drinks included. You need to be smart and look for the coupons Like the nice family with the screaming kids drinking redbull told us............

1  Thank cjslaterhot77
Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

Just awful ! My wife's meal came with the addition of a hair , after we complained we were told that it wasn't from kitchen and and did not pay for such appalling service . Avoid , Avoiand did not pay for such appalling service . Avoid , Avoid Avoid , give your hard earned money to a company that appreciates it .Avoid , give your hard earned money to a company that appreciates it . . Avoid , Avoid Avoid , give your hard earned money to a company that appreciates it .