“Lovely!!”

Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Barn Harvester in Chichester food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Chichester, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Westhampnett, Kingsham and Boxgrove, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely!!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited Chichester for the first time recently. Living in Brighton we made a day of visiting Chichester for the first time and we decided to eat at The Harvester. All the people we met and spoke to in different shops we went in seemed so friendly and happy and this continued when we got to The harvester!

Drinks: I chose to get the Refil Pepsi. At £2.40 you can't go wrong! They have a drinks machine near the salad bar which dispenses ice also and you can help yourself to an unlimited amount Pepsi, fanta etc. my boyfriend had a pint of Lagar which was roughly £3.40 which is average beer price.

Food: we didn't realise we had to wait to be seated so when we got our drinks we sat down at a table but wasn't a problem as a lady names Sharon (I think) came over and asked us if we wanted a couple of menus straight away, she spoke to us like she had known us forever, laughing, being friendly and just generally was a wonderful woman and waitress! I ordered chicken breast, mash potato and peas with gravy and my boyfriend had a baby rack of ribs (weren't so small!) with chips and BBQ dip. My portion was fairly small but I didn't mind because the salad bar was AMAZING. And I know that sounds over keen but it really was good! It was fresh, tasty, there was a huge selection of food ranging from pasta to potato salad to lettuce and fresh cut peppers and whilst we were there I saw chefs come out at least 3 times checking all the food was full and still fresh and replenishing anything that had run out.

I was extremely happy as I had unlimited drinks and salad.. And to think the price only came to
£20!!! YES £20 for all of this lovely ness. And that's £20 for both of us. We left a tip for Sharon as she was superb and we thought the food, service and drinks were worth more than we paid. This topped off our visit to Chichester wonderfully and we will deffinatley be returning so thank you to all the staff at the harvester in Chichester!! :)

• Visited January 2014
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Barn Harvester, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Barn Harvester and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and we have replied to you personally asking for a little more information.

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“refreshing”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

After a shocking experience in the Littlehampton harvester this was a totally refreshing experience in the barn Chichester. The staff get a10 out of 10 and the food was good....im still a little confused how the two can be sooooooooo many worlds apart. will defo be going again soon!!!

• Visited January 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at The Barn Harvester. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.
Chichester, United Kingdom
“good food at good price”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

As ever the salad bar takes a lot of beating and hardly leaves room for the main course afterwards, staff are friendly and helpful, very good value for money

• Visited January 2014
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Barn Harvester, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Fleet, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My daughters treated me to a birthday meal on 27th. Both my son in law and I received our meals lukewarm. I had the mixed grill served with cold grilled tomato and black pudding which was cremated beyond recognition and lukewarm meat. My wife had the ribs which were warmish but couldn't eat the chips wich were greasy, warm and far too many. The waitress asked how our meal was and I told her that it was barely warm....that was the last I heard of it. Never again.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Barn Harvester. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Can the portion sizes get any smaller ?”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We thought we would try this Harvester in Chichester as a special family Christmas treat. We have gradually felt that over some time now, our more local Harvesters have gone downhill in terms of value, however we were disappointed with this one as well.

i no longer feel that the "free salad" is what sells this as a value for money restaurant. This forms in my opinion a significant part of the main meal price now. The mains are no where near the same size that they used to be. I am not a large person, but did not feel full after my chicken meal even with 2 bowels of salad. The fizzy drink unlimited option is good value but the extra fizz will give you a bloated feel as if you are full.

Our bill again has crept up with 4 average priced mains and 3 soft drinks, 1 water to around £40. Pizza Hut buffets x 4 with the salad and drinks probably gives a better value option now.

I'm not sure where Harvester are going with their marketing strategy, but that value has gone here now. Good, clean modern restaurant however but staff did not appear that interested or motivated from what I could see.

The food is well presented and tasted fine, but not the experience it used to be.

• Visited December 2013
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Barn Harvester, responded to this review, 27 December 2013