“Fabulous weekend”
Review of The Goodwood Hotel

The Goodwood Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Chichester
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Took my hubby here to celebrate his 40th birthday, had a fantastic weekend. Rooms are lovely and clean, staff are friendly and helpful and the food in both restaurants is delicious.... Especially the chocolate pudding in the Richmond Arms and the sticky toffee pudding in the Bar and Grill.

There are newer reviews for The Goodwood Hotel

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding what a wonderful day we had can't fault anything staff very friendly, rooms are lovely, food was excellent and a lovely spa to finish the weekend. The grounds are lovely to walk round if you play golf like old cars then this hotel is great for you there are lots of places to visit in the area too. Thank you to all the staff for making this such a enjoyable stay

Room Tip: We had a garden room which was lovely to sit and have our morning coffee and a night cap in the even...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We came to Goodwood for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I booked the 'Classic Car Break' which was everything advertised and more. The food was amazing and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud, could not have asked for more. Absolutely first class.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

As everyone else said this is a really great hotel. Very stylie without being over the top.. and despite being very beautiful and chic I was still made to feel very welcome with our four year old in tow. The staff were friendly and helpful, the pool facilities great - lovely warm water for little ones, and the food at the bistro was fantastic (chocolate mouse was to die for).

However, what impressed me most was the way the hotel is laid out and just swallows people up, so you never really feel like you're with loads of other people, helping keep that sense of relaxed calm that pervades the place. When we stayed I had the sense that the place was pretty near full and had a wedding on in their conference/function room area. Despite this, you only noticed on that there was a wedding party in full flow when you walked back from the pool (and definitely never heard them which can't be said for lots of hotels).

Another little thing that really impressed me was the bedroom. When we booked a standard room and asked for a third bed for our son, we were told that would be fine, but we should be warned the room would be a little snug... However, the room was absolutely great, even with a 'z' bed put in it (even by american bedroom standards!). AND, they only put the z bed in the room just before bedtime so that we would have 'more space when we needed it' as the lovely lady who showed us our room explained. Brilliant! How can you fault service like this??!

And to put this all into context, when we were looking to spend a night in the Chichester area, we also considered a room at the Holiday Inn (which would have been fine). But I'm SO glad we spent the extra £45 and stayed here. It feels like we've found a gem on a hotel. I can't wait to find an excuse to come back....

(I gave the spa a three, not because there was anything wrong with it, but simply that we couldn't get an appointment.. I'm sure it's lovely)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Overall a lovely hotel with great facilities. Our evening meal was lovely but the reason I've only given it four stars was the poor quality of the full English breakfast; the Black pudding was like boot leather.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GoodwoodHotelManager, General Manager at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thanks very much for your feedback regarding breakfast which we will follow up with the Chef.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Bed was super comfortable.

Hallway was like a maze.

Cooked breakfast was of average quality. Breakfast staff stingy with fruit juce.

Reception staff rude and dislike guest wearing trainers arriving in cheap Japanese sports car. Maybe I'll arrive in my McLaren wearing my business suit and request that rude staff and get down and lick my shoes should I return.

I rarely sleep comfortablely in a hotel, on this rare visit I did sleep extremely well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your feedback and for sharing this directly with the Hotel.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a beautiful estate and the rooms are really comfortable. The restaurant is amazing. However, for these prices I expect much
better service from check in staff and a less worn corridor carpet: more shabby than shabby chic.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chichester
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Chichester Park Hotel
#5 of 8 in Chichester
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Chichester Central

Been to The Goodwood Hotel? Share your experiences!