Chichester Park Hotel
The Goodwood Hotel(Chichester)
Crouchers Hotel(Chichester)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsladies festivalfunction roomswimming poolsteam roomtrouser pressbuffet breakfastwedding receptiongood sizeleisure facilitiescomfortable hotelfour poster bedpleasant staywedding partywould stay againtea and coffeegreat weekendstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Had to make a short-notice booking for a number of family members for a couple of nights in advance of a funeral nearby. Staff were very helpful trying to accommodate everyone. They had a dinner/dance and wedding party in the function room over this weekend but neither caused us any disturbance to us.

After reading reviews we asked for a ground floor room (as no lift) and at the back (quiet) for an elderly member of the group. It did mean a trek to other parts of the hotel. In fact, noise wasn't a problem at all, from inside or outside. My room overlooked the lovely garden. Windows triple glazed and we kept ours closed because despite hot weather by day it turned chilly at night. This may have caused my wakefulness and poor sleep - bedding was only a sheet and thin bedcover. Not sure I can blame the bed itself. Family members in room 216 had a good night and memory foam mattress. Might be worth asking if you like these. Useful to have the iron and ironing board in the room not just the trouser press.

Decor of the spa (lots of wood) gives a relaxing atmosphere. Use towel from room and take a £1 coin (returnable) for a locker. Would've been nice to swap towel for a dry one as used the pool several times over the weekend. So pleased to have booked at this hotel. Gym looked well equipped.

Buffet breakfast had good selection for me - healthy cereal, muesli, nuts to add, good selection of fresh, tinned and dried fruits, yoghurt and juices but also well-cooked selection of cooked food. Notice that other people also dislike the sausages that taste like stuffing!

Walking distance to Sainsbury's and a Harvester. On Sunday evening we drove into Chichester for a meal but during the day we'd probably try the bus due to parking. Hotel's tourist leaflets were for attractions many miles away but we discovered the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum nearby. It's a brilliant day out if the weather is dry and bright.

Would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in many ways so if you have any special requirements you may need to ring the hotel, rather than booking online. Staff are very helpful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

My friend booked a cream tea and use of spa facilities at this hotel for the afternoon so can not comment on the rooms.

Spa facilities are average very small.
Cream tea was awful!l looked good but cut into my scone and was mouldy, obviously not cooked properly in the first place! And been hanging around for a LONG time!
This is not acceptable! They offered us drinks and food free of charge, but that's not really the point! After finding mouldy scones I didn't fancy anything else off the menu. Was a struggle to eat anything that was put in front of me. Foul food would not return and will be spreading the word like the spread of mould on their scones!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We attended a wedding at Chichester Park Hotel and had the most wonderful time. The ceremony was beautifully decorated and the registrar delightful! There is a lovely garden outside to take photos and a beautiful spacious bar.

I have to recommend the food as it was all just perfect. The tables were laid beautifully and the staff were all very obliging and cheerful! All the guests were so impressed with their meals and had we all not been so full from the generous portions we would have wanted more. I for one can recommend the beef Wellington dish which was so so nice!!!

I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue. There are many spacious rooms if you want to stay overnight and plenty of free parking.

I'm hoping our newly engaged friends consider this venue for theirs!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the bed was just excellent, I had a very good nights sleep. Couple of points to watch, it might be a bit of a walk from your room from Reception, and you cannot park directly outside your room (I could not anyway). Also when you read their website, it does state that there is "wireless internet access" what it does not say is that it is not free. The charge (£5 for 24 hours) is not excessive, but when I commented about the missing charges being shown, the young lady gave me a "complimentary" 24 hour pass, which I graciously accepted. The breakfast is a buffet type, which was quite enjoyable, but the sausages looked better than they tasted. All in all a very enjoyable experience and I would not hesitate to book in again. (One other comment, there was a dog barking and howling through the night, but I could not lay the blame for that on the Hotel).

Room Tip: Ask if you can get one close to reception, as it can be quite a walk, and there are also a few stairs to negotiate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just organised a Masonic Ladies Weekend at the Chichester Park Hotel the accommodation, food and staff were first class and Dean the manager was a great asset could not do enough to help in anyway.I would certainly recommend this hotel for a ladies weekend and any other type of function. In closing I could not fault the whole weekend .
Brian Nyland Vitruvian Lodge No 87