Chichester Park Hotel
Crouchers Hotel(Chichester)
US$140
The Goodwood Hotel(Chichester)
US$196
The Nags Head(Chichester)(Great Value!)
US$125
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Chichester Hotel(Chichester)(Great Value!)
US$111
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Chichester Central(Chichester)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
US$107
US$94
PremierInn.com
All reviewsladies festivalfunction roomswimming poolsteam roomtrouser pressbuffet breakfastwedding receptiongood sizeleisure facilitiescomfortable hotelfour poster bedpleasant staywedding partywould stay againtea and coffeegreat weekendstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight here and it was nice. Only a Couple of negatives. Decors a bit dated and our room could of done with a deep clean in the bathroom. We stayed in a room facing the rear and there was a generator or motor starting up all night so took a while to sleep.

On the plus side the Staff are very friendly and cant do enough to help you. The guy on reception gave excellent customer service. The bar staff are great too. Breakfast had a huge choice so something for everyone. The use of the Pool and Sauner was great & helped us relax. I'd happily spend the night again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This place is deceptively large. It can be a fair walk around the building from the car to reception, and it can be a long haul to your room. Even further if you get an upstairs room. Having said that, the room itself was clean, pleasant, roomy and had decent facilities. It had an unusually firm large bed that was surprisingly comfortable - I didn't think I'd like it, but I really did. I must say although it was busy, (nearly all the car park slots were taken) I found it much quieter than the local p--m--r inn, perhaps because its a more substantial, older designed building?
It may also be worth mentioning that this hotel may be quieter than some in the area, because its a little further out from any local entertainment or attractions. I think you would need to get back in the car to go anywhere nearby - its more than a stroll to anywhere. Mind you sometimes that's what you need if you'd like it quiet...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Other reviews I had read made me a bit wary of this hotel but I was joining a party of 70+ guests for a weekend celebration so I just went with the flow.

'The Cons'

No lift and, being temporarily disabled, struggled with the user UNfriendly staircase. The hotel was sprawled over a large area and some rooms were a very long distance from bars and dining rooms etc.

The buffet breakfast tasted fine but, as is quite often the case in a lot of hotels, the food was only warm so it got cold pretty quickly. Why don't hotels install microwaves for guests to heat food up.

The hotel is in need of an update.

'The Pros'

Our bedroom ( 202 ) was large with a king size double and a fairly large single bed. Bathroom was also large with a shower in the bath. The beds were very comfortable and we were very pleased with our room. It would appear that there is quite a wide variety of bedrooms, some of which did not sound as nice as Room 202.

The bar prices are extremely reasonable as are the bar snacks etc. Our evening meals were part of an organised package and the presentation and quality of the food was very good.

Bar staff, waiters, waitresses and reception staff were efficient and friendly.

A number 55 bus runs frequently from a bus stop right outside the hotel and this goes into Chichester town for the cathedral and shops.

My rating is based on the fact that this is a 3* hotel. Had it been 4* then an average rating would have been given.

Room Tip: 202 large and comfy 204 is smaller but has a 4 poster bed ( comfort not known )
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I concur with other reviews here - if you imagine a 1980's Old Peoples Home - you're about there with the feel of the place!
If you can cope with the 100yd trek to your room, and no lift - but it is only two storey, the shabbiness of the en-suite (complete with long black hairs round the bath - not ours!), the fact that one of our rooms wasn't even serviced on one of the days, and the appalling state of the restaurant-area ladies loo, then you'll have a fine time!
I have to say - the food was WAY WAY above the standard of these failings!
We stayed the whole weekend for a fund-raising function, and the food throughout was bordering on exceptional, which is quite a feat when catering 70-odd covers! ... so I think it best to be charitable with my overall rating.
The staff were (mostly) friendly and helpful (well you always get ONE stroppy receptionist - don't you), and the bar prices were not unreasonable, but my advice if you're a bitter drinker - change tipple for your stay (theirs was WAY too cold and well-nigh tasteless), There is also a rather dated-feeling 'Spa', although it's a bit minimalist for that description - but again think 'Spa in an old peoples home' (if there were such a thing!) and you'll not be dissappointed - again priced very reasonably.
So - like the 'curates egg' The Chichester Park Hotel is 'good in parts'.

Room Tip: Avoid room 107 - it's under the worlds creakiest stairs!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I am flying at Goodwood so this hotel is well situated for me only a mile away. I got a discount booking on the Internet and like the fact that there is parking free and it's close to town. I like my room on the second floor, it's cosy and warm and I have spent some time in the sauna and pool/ jacuzzi which was lovely. On Wednesday I have booked a massage and will keep you posted as to how it turns out. The breakfast looked nice but I was happy with porridge. For only £10.00 you can get wifi in your room all week which is very reasonable compared to other cheaper places to stay. I ordered a panini from room service and also was pleased with that. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I have been told that the second floor rooms are better but don't know.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business