“Top Service, Top Class Food”
Review of Crouchers Hotel

Crouchers Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Chichester
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Top Service, Top Class Food”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We recently enjoyed a lovely lunch at Crouchers and would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone who looking to enjoy quality food in a beautiful West Sussex setting.

Upon arrival we felt very welcome in the venue, all the staff greeted us and we were quickly showed us to our table. The service was an appropriate speed and it was fantastic that the menu catered very well for both my wife (a fussy vegetarian) and I. The food was very enjoyable and it was clear that good quality ingredients been used and the dishes had been well thought out (With a very fair price tag). The mushroom tortellini had a lovely blend of flavors and the modern take on a classic cheese cake was a hit!

Thanks to the lovely staff at Crouchers, we will certainly recommend and be back soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Oostende
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Modern, friendly hotel with excellent rooms and all comfort
Excellent breakfast
Close to Chichester and its harbour ( and Southampton and Portsmouth) as well as Goodwood and the Solent ( Witterings, Selsey,...).
Rural setting but with good road connections by road to all of the above

1 Thank Malta48
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here in August 2013 as we were down from Hertfordshire to attend a friends wedding, so decided to make a weekend of it.. We stayed again February 14th just gone, for the weekend to collect my wedding dress. Good service, good food, fantastic room and very clean. My only Criticism would be the breakfasts. My partner ordered scrambled egg and salmon, I ordered full English, we were told that they had run out of salmon, so partner cancelled his order. I did persuade him to have pama ham and poached eggs. To which they replied, they had lost the original check. After waiting 20 minutes for our order, it finally turned up with Ham on it!! as they had run out of pama ham. My partner sent this back, to say the least he was very disappointed.
Overall though, a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have been staying at Crouchers for about a year now every week through work. I find the hotel to be an excellent hotel, the food is amazing and the staff treat you with respect at all times. Whenever I have wanted to have something that is not on the menu, the chef has been very accommodating. The bar staff are also lovely and serve drinks til late. I have stayed in multiple rooms and they are always clean with a lot of attention paid to detail. Each room is unique, ie four poster beds, standalone bath tubs, jacuzzi baths etc. The beds are always comfortable and spotlessly clean. The rooms always have some nice additional extras. The room service is also excellent. I cannot fault this hotel at all. Keep up the good work guys!

Room Tip: Rooms inside the main area have better reception for people on the EE network.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gonakam
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

On the back of a recommendation pew hired a private dining room for a business meeting.All the staff were helpful, professional & discreet. The food was excellent & service was perfect. We shall return & pass on the recommendation.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jarvis78
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I work from pullandbear I was looking for a hotel I found this hotel I ask for a room I was in room 26 it was a amazing I loved it was perfect the food was lovely and I slept really well.Thank you pullandbear for paying thank you Marine,Julia,Carlo it was
Amazing

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucky11uk
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Spent a night here on a work related trip. It must be so difficult running an independent hotel like this in not the most obvious location but they are doing a really good job. Large comfortable room, comfy bed, top towels, spotlessly clean, some nice touches. I had room service for dinner and it was better than most. Breakfast was really excellent, so good to see the full English done so well. Service was friendly, professional and efficient. Very good value as well. Well done.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business