We stayed one night while visiting relatives and had dinner, lunch and breakfast in the hotel.
The rooms are in a couple of courtyards outside the main building and are nicely laid out. Ours, like most, had a small private patio with table and chairs, which would have been very nice in summer. The room was well appointed, reasonably spacious and the bed comfortable. The restaurant is a modern extension to the original building, constructed in a wood frame structure which fits in well with the original style. The main building has been opened out to a pleasant reception and bar area.
The hotel was full when we stayed and the restaurant was very busy, but both the service and the kitchen were well able to cope. The food was excellent and the service both very prompt and very friendly. The menu is not extensive (which is often an indicator that everything is freshly made) but well cooked, flavoursome and nicely presented.
I could make the odd quibble (e.g. the coffee at breakfast was poor), but that would really be nit-picking. They did a very good job for the 36 hours we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crouchers Hotel is an early 1900's farmhouse which has been converted to house 26 bedrooms in the outside coach house,barn and stables . The main house contains our oaked beamed restaurant , relaxing bar area and lounge. Our staff are always on hand to ensure you are well looked after . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Crouchers Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crouchers Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Crouchers Country
- Crouchers Country West Sussex
- Crouchers Hotel Chichester, West Sussex