“Top Rate Venue”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Chichester
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Top Rate Venue”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We held a customer event here and it was excellent. The hotel itself is really nice, the events team are really helpful and the food was great. They were easy to deal with and come highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Patrickburfield, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent conference. It’s so nice to hear such positive reviews coming from all areas of the hotel and I will ensure your comments are passed on to our events team. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed breaking up your work day by dining in our restaurant Murrays and we hope to welcome you back when your next meeting needs arise.

Patrick Burfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Having booked into a nearby restaurant by my daughter to celebrate my wife's birthday we all turned up [all 15 of us] only to be told that there was a power cut and they could not do dinner for my party we were put out into the street [in the nicest possible way] leaving a party of 15 with no place to eat, on thinking about my delema it came to my mind that early in January my wife and I had celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary at the Ship restaurant and was treated like royalty, so off we went to the Ship restaurant [Murrays]. We were greeted by the staff who without any fuss rearranged the tables to accomodate us and we all had a very good meal all chosen from the current menu and the night wes saved, we all throughly reccomend this hotel to any visitors to Chichester, they will really look after you, and you will be treated like royalty. special thanks to Sophie for being so attentive the whole evening. so if you are visiting Chichester you have to visit the Ship hotel.

John Hughes.

Room Tip: Did not stay but they say rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review! It’s a shame that we welcomed you to Murrays under such frustrating circumstances, however I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you and that your party had such a wonderful time. We take great pride in our service here at The Ship Hotel and at Murrays so I am very pleased to hear such positive feedback. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having stayed in a few hotels in the area, this was easily my favourite. The building has a lovely entrance and stairway as you enter, the staff are knowledgeable about the area and were helpful in my bookings.

The rooms were clean, spacious and the showers were powerful. The breakfast choices were very good, though the staff can be a little slow with the hot food orders.

Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Chichester is a wonderful place to visit and we take great pride in being able to offer our guests different packages and ways to enjoy it. I will be sharing your compliments about your room and your breakfast feedback with the rest of the team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

generally I would say this is a great hotel. location is good. parking is no problem. staff are helpful. lovely and warm all weekend. stairs, bar and resturant are stunning! negstives to us were rattling on top floor windows and facade but really bad weather. also think breakfast could be improved. and full length mirror needed. but overall it was great!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit. It’s wonderful to hear such kind words in regards to the refurbishment of our new restaurant Murrays and I look forward to passing your comments about the level of service you received to the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon, hopefully in better weather conditions this time!

Sussex
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here about five years ago, when it was average at best, but recently booked a table for 16 in the restaurant for a birthday dinner and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel has recently been refurbished, and it looks very classy now. The bar area is a little cramped, but it is a nice place to be. Drinks on the expensive side. We ate in the conservatory, and the food was very good indeed - the set menu is particularly good value. I would certainly entertain here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted to hear that your birthday meal in our new restaurant Murrays exceeded your expectations and provided you and your guests with an enjoyable evening. We have certainly come a long way in the last 5 years and can now proudly show off our new bedrooms, restaurant, private dining and function rooms. We hope to welcome you back to The Ship Hotel and Murrays again in the near future.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed last week: reserved a classic double room for £ 125
Allocated in room 24, opened the door, WE could not believed...possible suitable for a single person, provide of a very small size. so tiny, felt chlostophobic...
Went to reception and changed for a SUPERIOR double (charged an extra £ 24): got room 29, a little bigger, possible a STANDARD double, NO better,..very plain furniture, decor..bathroom very small with a door very difficult to close.
Bed very confortable, but when I weak up in the morning had pain in my back due to the draft coming from the main window..it was open on the top, blocked and impossible to close..and we are in the winter now ..and not a very pleasant one..
We stayed there because we arrive early, we had lunch at their restaurant, food was nice, excellent fish, i made some comments on the garnish/faults, remarks well appraciated and changes were made the 2 tiny waitresses,always smiling, working very hard with no help from the manager: they run the restaurant with such efficiency!! well done!! also a charming and obliging barman..EXCELLENT the 3 of them.
When in the area we will visit the lounge/restaurant again but not staying..
Kind regards
Franco

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 269franco
Patrickburfield, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am surprised to read your views of the two rooms you mention, as I believe you were very keen to move from another local hotel when you visited The Ship and viewed the available rooms. As a Georgian Grade two listed building all our rooms vary in size and design and are all categorised according to the size of our very comfortable beds. Thank you for your other comments which I have passed on to our maintenance team who will rectify the issues immediately.
I would like to thank you for your compliments on our your dining experience in our new restaurant Murrays. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your meal and that you were impressed with the service you received, one of the young ladies who served you was our restaurant manager and we pride ourselves on the individual service that we provide in both Murrays restaurant and The Captains Bar and indeed throughout the hotel. I look forward to passing your feedback on to the whole of the team and we hope to welcome you back to The Ship Hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Have just spent a weekend at this hotel & we really enjoyed it. The room was small but adequate. Very tastfully decorated & the en-suite bathroom was excellant. Breakfast was very good with an excellant selection. Staff are very friendly & helpful. It is very handy for exploring Chichester & surrounding area. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It’s wonderful to hear guests enjoying every aspect of the hotel and what it has to offer. I will be passing your feedback on to the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you for recommending us to your friends.

Kindest Regards