“Great value and comfort in an excellent location”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Chichester Central
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Chichester
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel in an excellent location, right in the heart of Chichester, opposite the beautiful and historic Cathedral. There are loads of good eating places within easy walking distance, such as The Belle Isle underneath and the Wetherspoons next door. The staff are very friendly and helpful. You know you get a good, basic standard of comfort from Travelodge and the value for money is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Chichester Central

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Although a little tricky to find, this Travelodge was worth staying at. The staff were very friendly and polite, and the hotel itself was very clean and tidy.
The location of the hotel was excellent, being only a couple of minutes walk from central Chichester and very near the marvellous cathedral.
You know what you should get with a travelodge, a clean cheap no frills hotel, but this one excelled.
I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was very impressed with how central the hotel is to the city, about a 15 minute walk from the train station and situated across from the cathedral. It was my first visit to Chichester and I would recommend staying here for a short break. There are lots of individual shops, restaurants and cafes along with the cathedral and a walk around the city walls. Bruno, the receptionist at travelodge was really friendly and welcoming and made suggestions to make the most of my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

1 night stay over the late May bank holiday. So so check in experience. Room is usual Travelodge standard. No restaurant on site so used the Wetherspoons next door which I must say was good.
Excellent central location but the public underground car park next door was awful. Didn't feel safe. Overwhelming smell of urine and lots if empty alcohol bottles.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked my mother and brother in to Travelodge for a couple of nights in March. I requested rooms with a view as I knew my mum especially would appreciate this. Although I had to pop in a couple of times to make sure they were saving them for me, the receptionist was so thoughtful and ensured that they got the exact rooms and that their stay was a great one. I was really impressed with the cleanliness, the price of the rooms and the great location. The hotel only serves a boxed breakfast as there is no restaurant but because it's so central, you are only a minute's walk from a whole choice of wonderful places to eat. They had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the very end of the corridors. These ones look out over the main road and the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Chichester is worth to visit. The town and the surrounding offers a lot, for families, children, sportsmen, gardens and nature lovers, but also for those who marvel the original roman mosaics or the nice play of tower bells. Of course the town is full with restaurants and shops too. The centre is very interesting, there is a stone monument and the streets are named after the four direction of compass. The cathedral is beautiful. If you are lucky, you may be able to go to a concert there, too.
After my first booking to the Central Travelodge I did not think I would come back. I was supposed to get a voucher, that was offered from Travelodge website, but I could not assess it. A multi-lingual receptionist, Bruno was doing tireless efforts to regain my possible loss. So now, I am back, this is my second booking and all together 5 nights that I spend here.
If anyone has any back problem and cannot sleep comfortably in a strange bed, please do not even consider to look anywhere else. The beds are amayingly comfortable. I can tell!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Erzsebet T
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My son and myself stayed at this hotel for a few nights recently while visiting my other son and we really had a lovely comfortable stay.
We arrived too early for check-in and Kevin very kindly looked after our bags for us. Kevin and Bruno just could' nt do enough for us. We had a lovely room looking onto the Cathedral. The hotel is so central to everything. We will be returning to Chichester soon and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. Thanks for everything guys. Mrs M

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family