“number please”

Travelodge Chichester Central
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Chichester
Reviewed 6 July 2014

central being the right word as a redeveloped hotel from a telephone exchange, you get the thick walls of an ex industrial site, the down side is little or no mobile signal, which if like me you are on 24 hr call you need to be careful about your room go for the 3rd floor there are 2 lifts so no problem with access.
there is disabled parking at the rear and an underground carpark next door which is free from 6pm until 8am.
this hotel is dead centre of town it is clean the staff are all very helpful.
one thing I was not impressed with and its nothing to do with the hotel itself is the practice of pricing I was there for the whole of goodwood festival. the price jumped amazingly during the festival and then was more than half after, just a bit too much profiteering for me, apart from that I would use this hotel for all kinds of visits and I suppose I will be paying premium rates again in September.
10 out of 10 for sleep .

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very helpful in sorting out our large group of work colleagues staying for 2 nights while attending a work conference at Chichester Cathedral. Good comfortable rooms. Very comfortable beds and good spacious shower. Need more ventilation in rooms. A shelf in the shower would be useful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Can't believe I staying here again , rooms are boiling hot. We are not allowed to open windows. They put restrictors on them so small gap of about 2 cams only. Result room is sweat box. Would be fine that rule if they allowed ac. Cathedral view be warned is actually top of the tower and bins and the roofs of back area. Reception incredibly slow. Try premiere inn instead.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here for one night on Thursday 12th June. This was my second visit and the Manager, Bruno, remembered me and was most welcoming. My room was spotlessly clean, everything worked, and I was very comfortable. I was aware before booking that this Travelodge does not have a restaurant, but it is situated right in the heart of Chichester and there were many places within easy reach for a meal and/or a drink. I could have purchased a breakfast box, which I declined only because I don't care for breakfast. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My room (304) was very quiet.
1  Thank Sossij
Reviewed 11 June 2014

During a recent business trip to Chichester I stayed at the Travel Lodge and it was excellent. A really good location near bars and restaurants and a hotel room that was both clean and functional. Fantastic value for money.

1  Thank Alan N
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very clean and tidy, excellent staff,perhaps a little to impersonal,lacking any communal facility like a breakfast bar,leaves the hotel without a focal point, its nice to get out of your room and you don't always want to be tramping the streets.
Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Travelodge has often been a "Grin and bear it and think of the savings" kind of experience. But I have to say that Chichester Central couldn't really have been much better. Fresh and clean, not tired and shabby. Bathroom was bright and clean too. The bed was comfy and the linen looked new and not worn and a bit washed-out as sometimes the budget hotel linen can be. Couldn't have been more central either. Parking might be a problem but we stayed on a Sunday night and were able to park on the street for free which was great. The room cost less than £30 and I would recommend this particular Travelodge - not something I'd say about all of them. Could have done with more towels though - one hand towel and one bath towel weren't enough for a daily shower for two people. We managed though and I'm guessing that we could have obtained extras if we'd asked.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple