“Amazing venue, great food, lovely staff x”
Review of Chichester Inn

Chichester Inn
Ranked #23 of 67 Chichester B&B and Inns
“Amazing venue, great food, lovely staff x”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Recently visited there inn for a music performance and stayed at the b&b couldn't have been any better!! Amazing staff, venue food and experience! Faultless superb breakfast and amazing location for walking into town

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
UK
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had spent a while looking around Chichester for somewhere to eat. We found The Chichester Inn and thought that it looked nice. The lady behind the bar was very friendly and inside was comfortably decorated. I ordered the Chicken Burger which was reasonably priced. Unfortunately it took quite a while to arrive. When it arrived I initially thought it looked nice as rather than a typical burger patty it was a chicken breast piece in a bun. After cutting into the meat I thought it looked a little pink so felt the middle of it to see if it was hot enough. It didn't feel that warm which worried me so I reluctantly sent it back. By the time my replacement meal arrived the rest of my family were nearly finishing their meals. I happened to cut into the second chicken breast and it was like rubber, still pink looking and tasted awful. I asked another person on my table to check it to make sure it wasn't me being fussy. He agreed that there was definitely something not right about it. There was no way I was taking the risk with something like chicken. I didn't want to complain for a second time and was so disappointed at this point. At the end of the meal one of my family members decided it wasn't acceptable so did complain. In fairness to the staff member she did take the price off the bill and offered her apologies. It was a real shame that after sending one plate back the second came back and was probably worse than the first! I wish I could say that it was just my dinner that wasn't satisfactory but my brother had rice which was rock solid in the centre (microwaved probably?) I really couldn't recommend it based upon my first visit today.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Siobhany25
Nick W, Manager at Chichester Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
dear sir/madam

we are very sorry to hear of your bad experience here at the chichester inn, and would like to reassure you that this is not the way we usually work here.
Since your visit we have employed a new chef and would like to invite you back for a meal on us to show you that this is not how we usually work.
Should you wish to take us up on this offer please contact Elliott on 01243 783185 and explain the situation.
Once again many apologies and we hope to hear from you soon!
Fleet, Hants
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were in Chichester and happened on the Chichester Inn when looking for somewhere for a sandwich lunch. It seems to be a "no frills" pub and is very clean. The young lady behind the bar was cheerful and friendly. The food is excellent value for money. (Cheese and red onion sandwich £2.65 and they offered to replace the unwanted onion with salad/cucumber/tomato instead.) At that price I wasn't expecting much, but was impressed - nice bread, tasty cheese, plenty of filling. BLT on ciabatta was similarly good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Stanley, Falkland Islands
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. The window could possibly do with being replaced with double glazing as it tended to rattle when a bus went past. I did not enjoy the smell that filtered up from the kitchen (fried food). I had an evening meal which was very good and quick, but i was the only customer at the time. The owner was very freindly and helpful. This is a warm and freindly place to stay and good value for money. Unfortunately i will not be staying again as i could not cope with the smell from the kitchen.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Emsworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2013

The front room boasts a roaring fire in winter, the back room regularly hosts top music from all over the world. Outside the garden is expansive in the shadows of the Cathedral, inside the cask-conditioned ales and home-cooked food are of the highest quality. Upstairs is basic but clean ensuite accommodation, downstairs the landlord and staff offer a very warm welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank trikemaniac
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This is the second stay and I am already looking forward to the next. A lovely Inn/Pub with 2 comfortable rooms with en-suites. You will always receive a warm welcome from the Landlord Nick who cooks a fantastic full english breakfast. The Location is perfect just out of the hussle and bustle but a stones throw away from the High Street and Cethederal.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business