“Excellent not strong enough”
Review of Amelie and Friends - CLOSED

Amelie and Friends
Price range: US$8 - US$48
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amelie and Friends is an independent restaurant situated in a handsome Georgian building right in the centre of Chichester (where Arthur Purchase & Son and The Dining Room used to be). We are close to the Festival Theatre and the St Cyriacs and Northgate car parks.The stylish interior combines Georgian high ceilings and period features with modern building materials and designer furniture. Come and bask in our large secluded courtyard garden planted with olive trees and mediterranean herbs. All our food is prepared in our own kitchen from fresh ingredients, and the menu features a mix of classics done very well plus some quirky and more adventurous dishes. Our delicious handmade wine is sourced from small organic producers from around the world. Our friendly and knowledgeable front of house team will look after you extremely well.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Eat here mid week with my Wife. Had a travel zoo voucher so was a bit apprehensive what was in store but ......WOW !!! Food is just amazing. The Vegetarian option was like a work of art in its self. The staff although very young are both polite and highly professional. Being a caterer myself it was nice to have been blown away by the quality and presentation of the food. Will I be back........?
You just try and stop me !!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I had a most enjoyable evening, the food was of a high standard and well presented. We were warmly welcomed on arrival and we found the standard of service attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The only factor that I could advise others is that portion sizes as normal in a restaurant of this standard are not large. We intend returning quite soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

After repeatedly trying to obtain an evening dinner with my travelzoo voucher we decided on a luncheon. Great decision! A fine shopping trip first (which himself enjoyed) and we entered a buzzing restaurant, with a great atmosphere. Greeted by polite, smart and friendly staff we sat to enjoy a superb starter, excellent mains and scrummy puds, all washed down with fine drinks. Would definitely recommend to friends and family. Even managed some more retail therapy afterwards! Can't wait to return and use our voucher supplied upon leaving, before end of May.

1  Thank Anita P
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Whenever I take my aunt our for lunch or early evening we seem always to end up back at Amelie, even without booking they find us a table. The food is wonderful, everything is cooked to perfection, fresh and presented beautifully with great attention to detail, very good value. Friendly without being overly familiar. Decor and ambience have been well thought through to give a pleasant and comfortable experience without being overly stuffy. My only concern is we will have to book in advance soon as it is fast becoming everyone's best kept secret. Thank you Amelie & congratulations to the proprietor Andrew Cohen & Yvonne on such a fabulous restaurant.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a few days before for a Friday night, so only a 5.30pm table left for 2 of us (tip: book a couple of weekends in advance for fri/ sat as usually fully booked!) dining with a travelzoo voucher. Great relaxed atmosphere, now soundproofed which has eliminated the distracting echo we noticed on our previous visit. Service was faultless, polite and friendly waitress and attentive at the right times without overdoing it. All 3 courses were absolutely spot on, superb presentation, good portions and all extremely delicious. My particular favourite was the marinated duck salad starter, especially the tiny, mouthwateringly savoury pieces of duck crackling sprinkled over it! We both had beautifully tender pork belly mains, my only (minor) gripe being that I would have liked it served with more gravy, but then I'm sure they would have obliged if I had asked for some more. Unbelievable value with the voucher but normal prices seem more than reasonable for the standard of the food. Definitely one of the best restaurants in town, will have to make a date to sample the lunch menu one weekend soon...