“lunch”
Review of Amelie and Friends - CLOSED

Amelie and Friends
Price range: US$8 - US$48
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amelie and Friends is an independent restaurant situated in a handsome Georgian building right in the centre of Chichester (where Arthur Purchase & Son and The Dining Room used to be). We are close to the Festival Theatre and the St Cyriacs and Northgate car parks.The stylish interior combines Georgian high ceilings and period features with modern building materials and designer furniture. Come and bask in our large secluded courtyard garden planted with olive trees and mediterranean herbs. All our food is prepared in our own kitchen from fresh ingredients, and the menu features a mix of classics done very well plus some quirky and more adventurous dishes. Our delicious handmade wine is sourced from small organic producers from around the world. Our friendly and knowledgeable front of house team will look after you extremely well.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

lunch in the court yard ,we had the duck salad with home made chips. refreshing to be in a quiet place for lunch,. very good serves, and the sunny weather helped ,.will be back.

There are newer reviews for Amelie and Friends

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've had several meals here, and (almost) without exception the food has been first class - when it's not, they respond very positively. We find it an excellent location for pre-theatre dining as they offer their full menu and take care to get everything served in good time - also very enjoyable for a more leisurely meal. Moelleux au chocolat is to die for!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I wish I'd found Amelie and Friends sooner.

I took my friend for her 30th with a buyagift.com voucher and she said it was 'one of the best meals [she'd] ever had.' I'm a vegetarian and was absolutely thrilled to see some innovative cooking and choice on the menu. I had halloumi 'fish and chips' which was delicious, as was our mushroom starter and my friend's pork belly. My friend had a chocolate fondant for dessert and I had an affogato; both were excellent. The service was superb and we were presented with vouchers to return at the end of the meal - a very sensible marketing strategy as I've already re-booked and that certainly won't be my last visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A really Saturday lunch - faultless food, service and atmosphere.

The only problem is Amelie and Friends is now so popular I have often been unable to get in without quite a bit of planning. Sigh! I'll just have to get better organised!!

A particular highlight was the Eton Mess, I know it is a fairly common Summer pudding but Amelie style it is really very lovely

Overall another lovely meal and I will keep returning

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was impressed by the quality of food, the courteous friendly nature of the staff and most of all the value for money. The ambiance of the restaurant was really nice, I would say it's not suitable for families with younger children as the menu doesn't really cater for them, The food was beautifully cooked and packed with lots of flavour and looked great. The restaurant isn't cheap but for the quality of food and service you receive I feel it represents excellent value for money and I hope to return soon so I can try some different dishes. I would highly recommend Amelie and Friends!