“Nice atmosphere ”
Review of Amelie and Friends - CLOSED

Amelie and Friends
Price range: US$8 - US$48
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Amelie and Friends is an independent restaurant situated in a handsome Georgian building right in the centre of Chichester (where Arthur Purchase & Son and The Dining Room used to be). We are close to the Festival Theatre and the St Cyriacs and Northgate car parks.The stylish interior combines Georgian high ceilings and period features with modern building materials and designer furniture. Come and bask in our large secluded courtyard garden planted with olive trees and mediterranean herbs. All our food is prepared in our own kitchen from fresh ingredients, and the menu features a mix of classics done very well plus some quirky and more adventurous dishes. Our delicious handmade wine is sourced from small organic producers from around the world. Our friendly and knowledgeable front of house team will look after you extremely well.
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere ”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Good food, varied menu with a selection of main courses and desserts. Not really suitable for under 8s. Good service and very clean restaurant.

1 Thank Julia H

Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia
“Absolutely Perfect Evening”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Food, wine, staff, restaurant all spot on tonight!!!! Our first visit; the wine and food menu was superb; and we loved all of it - will definitely be back..................

Chichester, United Kingdom
“lunch”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

lunch in the court yard ,we had the duck salad with home made chips. refreshing to be in a quiet place for lunch,. very good serves, and the sunny weather helped ,.will be back.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, friendly service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've had several meals here, and (almost) without exception the food has been first class - when it's not, they respond very positively. We find it an excellent location for pre-theatre dining as they offer their full menu and take care to get everything served in good time - also very enjoyable for a more leisurely meal. Moelleux au chocolat is to die for!

Liss, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I wish I'd found Amelie and Friends sooner.

I took my friend for her 30th with a buyagift.com voucher and she said it was 'one of the best meals [she'd] ever had.' I'm a vegetarian and was absolutely thrilled to see some innovative cooking and choice on the menu. I had halloumi 'fish and chips' which was delicious, as was our mushroom starter and my friend's pork belly. My friend had a chocolate fondant for dessert and I had an affogato; both were excellent. The service was superb and we were presented with vouchers to return at the end of the meal - a very sensible marketing strategy as I've already re-booked and that certainly won't be my last visit.

• Visited July 2014