“Brilliant...but at the same time, disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lemongrass
Ranked #15 of 233 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant...but at the same time, disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great service by extremely friendly and attentive staff! The quality of the food was delicious (especially the scallop starter and pancake dessert!)

However, a few things from my particular visit were quite a let down. We were sat at the back of the restaurant, and it was unbelievably loud and very cold. To the extent that a member of our party put their coat on a the table, and you couldn't hear the person next to you talk. However, as the evening progressed it did quieten down.
Moreover, I was so disappointed wit the Andaman salad. I love seafood so was very excited for this dish, but I found myself wishing I had ordered something else. There seemed to be no 'salad' component; as it was just a plate of bland, cold and watery seafood, and not much of that at all!!

I would definitely return, but would order something else and definitely ask for a table at the front of house!

I

Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jungle curry”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The jungle curry was like weak gravy smelt bad and was unedible. The lamb did not taste like lamb and tasted out of date, I eat Thai all the time and have been to Thailand, I can only think perhaps because it was a thurs afternoon the chef was off, I am home now and feel quite I'll.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Andytrunky
jessie r, Public Relations Manager at Lemongrass, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at LemongrassThai on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations.

Your comments about serving foods not up to your expectations have been noted and neccessary actions have been taken to remedy this shortfalls.

Despite you did not have good dining exprience in your last visit I hope you will come to back to give us second chance and give us an opportunity to prove that it was one off situation.

Please contact me directly when you will plan to visit us again so that I can look after you personally.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, Attentive Service, Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have dined in this friendly restaurant on many occasions, with family and friends, in large groups and as a couple. I have always found the food tasty, well presented and the place clean. The staff are attentive but not overbearing and I would recommend a visit to anyone who wants a lovely Thai meal. There is a set menu special available during the week which is excellent value for money.

• Visited February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post review on Trip Adviosr following your visit to Lemongrass Thai. I am truely delighted to hear kind words and compliments about food and service that we delivered. I shared your feedback with my team and they were glad to hear about it.

Once again many thanks and hope to see you soon.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Thai nosh... not that kind, I mean food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is how it went: The remaining 5 lads from our once glorious squad, attended the family fun day at Fontwell. After nailing 7 pints, and playing Frisbee with a tray in the gardens, we decided to head to Chichester for some food.
We managed to book a 5 seater Taxi with Starline, so they sent us a normal taxi. The driver was a cross between the gun-toting pig farmer suspect in the Maddie case, and Walder Frey. Despite his unusual appearance, he wouldn’t let anyone get in the boot so SR and AT remained at the Old stables, whilst we sped off towards Chi.
After a beer in the Bull with a delightful chap that we couldn’t understand, we agreed on some Thai food. The Lemongrass was voted in and we wasted no time getting there.
A clean and well-presented area greets the eye upon arrival and we were ushered to a light and airy space where our table was.
We ordered a selection of food, mostly Massaman curry, but I opted for Pad Prik. The food was brought out reasonably soon and was sensational. Especially the Chicken satay. Its been a while since i've eaten Thai food but it was absolutely spot on.
It is also represented excellent value for money, which was ideal as i'd spanked most of my cash already.
The only let down was that the gents toilet had urine in the bin and chang all over the hand dryer but was otherwise pleasant.
All in all, I would rate the meal at 9/10 and the day at 9.5/10.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sidecrawler
jessie r, Public Relations Manager at Lemongrass, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Sawasdee
Thank you very much indeed for your kind review 9/10 &'Five stars is a wonderful compliment.our colleagues take great pride in there work and the service they provide and are grateful to here feedback on your experience .
It is always a pleasure to have guests as positive as yourselves .we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Knob Khun Khrap
Horley, United Kingdom
“Consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Consistently good. Polite and attentive staff, pleasant ambiance and fantastic food. Would recommend.

1 Thank ErialcLondon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on Trip Advisor about your experience at LemongrassThai. The Best Thai is wonderful praise.I passed on your kind words and compliments to my team and they were glad to hear that you enjoyed dining expeirence with us.

Once again many thanks and hope to see you soon.