“Cracking cakes”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I know that even a broken clock is right twice a day and Valeries has a certain reputation for poor service but the two times I went the staff were nice if a little over attentive, the cakes were beyond reproach and it was cheap too.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I ordered the Valerie club. roast chicken, gammon, tomato, lettuce and mayonnaise on toasted granary. Absolutely awful. The gammon was just a slice of reformed ham out of a packet. A couple of lumps of cooked chicken on thin limp bread which was toasted on one side but so dry that the mayonnaise must have been added with an aerosol. The McDonald's French fries were inconsistent in texture and ready salted! Not worth £4 let alone the £8.15 menu price. Hubby had the burger which was ok, same chips, but the bun lid was like a brick. Obviously had seen the inside of a microwave as could not even be snapped like a biscuit. When complained was told that the chef was new. Well the chef should be never have been employed then if cannot prepare a toasted bun! Was given 20% discount off the bill but will never return..

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I should not come back to Chichester and should not be treated that way again! I should not recommend it either but stay with the trusted Raymond Blanc patisserie just few minutes away!

A real shame as a value customer and a good one ( especially for those Birthday cakes!). I value the quality of my food and the way customer service should be done.

Not good at all..service was ok but food was awful. If you can't do a poached egg and a Croque Monsieur well not much hope for the rest of it!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We visited this little café tucked away down an alley and stopped off for a cup of tea. We were tempted by the cakes and so decided to make it a cream tea (after the helpful waitress suggested it would save us money rather than order drinks and scones separately). Very pleasant waitress, we got 3 fresh and toasted (unusual but very nice) scones, two pots of clotted cream and a selection of jams to choose from plus a pot of Earl Grey and a lovely coffee all for less than £8

I aim to be fair with my reviews and honestly, on the day we visited I couldn't fault the food or the helpful and attentive service so we will be back again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stopped here last week for a coffee and cake - wonderful selection of cakes, some look too good to eat! Coffee was good as well. Lovely coffee shop - would recommend.