“A little treat”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to one or two Indians in my time but this I done restaurant we always seem to keep coming back to.
Very friendly staff and the good is excellent as always!

1  Thank Jon H

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had been to Memories of India two or three years ago and was looking forward to having a take away on Friday evening when we were staying near there. It was OK, not as wonderful as we had before but then it was a couple of years before. We thought perhaps the takeaways were not up to the usual standard. We then decided to go to the Sunday Buffet. Again nothing wonderful. My husband and I love curries but this time we decided that they tasted like a ready meal from Sainsbury !!!! There were three choices of starter - onion bargees, that were rock solid, vegetable samosas that weren't crispy and chicken tikka - which was OK. There were onion salads, a bowl of salad and chutneys along with popadoms. For the main dishes there were three choices - Chicken Frazini (or something like that), Chicken tikka mossalla and lamb dupiaza - all of the sauces were thin and runny. The lamb pieces had " little bits of tubes" in them - I felt that they hadn't been careful when dicing to remove the grotty bits. There was also Bombay potato and pilau rice. in fact, there was a lot of choice, I suppose but not anywhere near up to the standard that we expected.

1  Thank SJJ88
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We first dinned here 2 years ago and did not think much of it, however upon reading reviews in our local paper and the fact that they won best Indian in our area we decided to give it another try. we were greeted warmly and shown to our table. The meal was very good and the four of us all had very nice meals. The onion bhaji were very good and crispy, and the four side dishes were all very good. My king prawn dish was stuffed with prawns. After reading other reviews about the staff being a bit off or rude, we had one issue, my partner ordered a side dish that never came so we asked again for it. The manager came over to oversee this and we thanked him for his attention. However the waiter came over to our table and insisted that we did not order the said dish which we all thought was a bit rude, so the staff do need to be more alert. This did not spoil are meal but worth noting.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have to agree with Colin R. The food IS good, but the service I experienced tonight was poor. It wasn't busy but we felt very rushed to eat our meal and go. The waiters were curt, unfriendly and served the meal and cleared it away again with indecent haste. I've been eating here for years and have always been pleased with the service, but that wasn't the case tonight. Won't be hurrying back.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Amazing service as always at this family favourite restaurant. The waiters really go out of their way to interact with you and ensure you enjoy your meal. We went for the Sunday buffet which is always brilliant with plenty of food. Better food when attending earlier in the day but still really hot and tasty. We sat in the conservatory, which was a little toasty because of the warming sun but staff were more than happy for us to open windows. As always very much enjoyed.