“Perfect Breakfasts All Round”

The George and Dragon Inn
Ranked #115 of 238 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$10 - US$56
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh British food, local ales, great wines & spirits. Here at The G&D Inn, Chichester we make every effort to make you feel at home in our pub, restaurant and rooms, where we also happily welcome four-legged friends. Renovated in 2011, this 16th-century coaching inn now features Ten en-suite bedrooms
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Perfect Breakfasts All Round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Back again for festive fun at the George and never disappointed. We have met some lovely people on our return. Warm and cosy accommodation with everything we need and excellent food what more could you need? Good service...oh yes we got that too :-)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Aly8135

“Wholesome and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

After years of living in the Chichester area for years, I have become really quite attached to the George. I must admit I'm not one for writing reviews but it is important to me to let people know how much of a rare gem this pub really is.
I couldn't ever find a single fault with the roast dinner! Especially as I'm a bit of a strange one who needs mint sauce with any roast and I've never been judged in The George for that which is much appreciated! Whatever the weather, I've always been met with a warm reception even with new staff joining the team this year - I feel that they know how important customer service is around here especially when this pub appeals to such a wide age range due to the comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
Even having moved out of the city to Midhurst where there are lots of cosy country pubs, I still find myself coming back to Chichester to go to The George for a yummy lunch or a quick beverage :).
I just love it to be honest, can't recommend it highly enough.

2 Thank MissChichester
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Another amazing time at the George and dragon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife come to the George and dragon every time we come down to see our daughter each time we've been met by a lovely atmosphere at the bar we normally have one or two at the bar then go round the corner to sit In the restaurant where a lovely waiter comes over and offer us a drink I ordered the pork belly which was to die for the belly was exceptional and the sauce that came with it was in another world my wife had the salmon special off the specials board which she said was divine I didn't chose to have a dessert as the belly was a very good size and it filled me up my wife had a raspberry parfait which she once again said it was divine she exceptionally loved the homemade shortbread which came with it overall another fantastic time here and will keep coming back again and again

Chichester
“Staff amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Had Sunday dinner here recently with all my family including children.
The staff were so friendly and helpful and could not do enough for us. The manager was particularly gracious and introduced himself and made time for a friendly chat.
The food was excellent and they catered over and above for the children's needs - thank you!
Would highly recommend this homely delightful pub for a delicious meal and excellent staff and atmosphere

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Inedible lunch exacerbated by a poor manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Called in for a drink with a friend today and decided to have a bar snack lunch. As I am on a strict gluten free diet my choice was very restricted but I am used to that. I ordered 'home cooked ham' egg and chips which is my standard fare for pub meals. When it arrived I tried the ham and it was totally inedible it was so salty it tasted as if a salt cellar had been poured on it! I told the waitress who called over the manager. I explained to him my dissatisfaction and he suggested I choose something else off the menu. I told him of my restricted diet and that I wished to have refund in the circumstances. He then got on his high horse and said it was not the policy to give refunds and that it was only my opinion that the ham was salty. 'They bought in the ham' and they had not had any other complaints. So much for home cooked and no concept whatsoever of the customer always being right!! I am afraid I decided to stand my ground and asserted my consumer rights robustly. He eventually backed down and returned with a cash refund.
I have no doubt that most food in this pub is is good but I would recommend that the owners give their manager some retraining in customer service. There are so many other eateries in Chichester it will be a long time before I return to the G&D.