“What a great find”

Price range: US$21 - US$64
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A small 16 cover restaurant in a converted greenhouse on the main road in Fishbourne West Sussex.The restaurant is only open for pre booked tables. Ideal as a private dining room. We offer a 3 course menu,that is updated daily and can incorporate your own favourite dishes, this is priced at £32.50 Inc coffee.We also open for "diary date" events such as mussels,lasagne,gourmet dinners,Local and wild food events. For details of these please e mail Nik. We are not a grand restaurant, the emphasis is on delivering a quality and where possible locally sourced meal in an intimate and imaginative way. Nik Westacott Chef and owner has over 30 years experience in the restaurant sector and now runs the adjoining four star bed and breakfast 82 Fishbourne and a busy outside catering business.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was given an award by my company and so I tried to find somewhere different to take my wife to share in my good fortune. I found the Old Greenhouse on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. This has to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. The restaurant is unique in that it only takes up to 16 covers and is by booking only which makes the dining experience really special. Your host is Nik and it's worth going just to meet him. He is the consummate genial master of ceremonies and chef and if you have any dietary needs he is more than happy to accommodate.

The food was outstanding and we enjoyed every mouthful. The menu was not extensive but when you consider all the food is prepared and in some instances served by Nik you can appreciate the effort that goes into it. The ingredients were seasonal and as fresh as you can get. At £32.50 per head this was a special treat for us but we will be returning to this haven of good food, good company and a very pleasant dining experience.

2  Thank Bernie D

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Meal for four, very good quality. You can pay the same in several other restaurants in Chichester, but this is the best quality we've had for the money, service first class too.

1  Thank Paul160762
Reviewed 6 June 2014

On a weekend trip to Chichester from London, took a taxi out to this B&B for dinner. It's a little out of town, but wirth the journey. It's actually a B&B (which I didn't realise), but the "restaurant" is the greenhouse in front of the main building.
Reservations only, and Nik is very friendly. He was serving at front of house, with an assistant in the kitchen.
The wine list is very reasonable, and includes a lovely Prosecco (which I would highly recommend). If you let him know dietary requirements, he may try and accomodate you if he can adjust things. Food was excellent with enough on the menu to select from. The desert trio we had was particularly good, and personalised with a birthday wish on the occasion.
I'd have no hesitation on returning if I'm in Chichester again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked TOG for my birthday which was on a Monday night in March. There was eight of us and Nik opened just for us. We had never been before and so didn't really know what to expect but wow!! The food and hosting was just fabulous as was the wine list which was exceptionally well thought out and the prices were not over inflated. Would certainly recommend TOG for an intimate family gathering/private party. It was like having a personal Chef at home! Well done Nik.

1  Thank mindiemoo
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

There were 14 of us and we all had a wonderful time. It was nice to have the conservatory to ourselves, made it very warm and friendly.

Nik the chef and owner was wonderful and the food was just delightful. You can really tell how passionate Nik is about the food he cooks and that also comes across in the flavors that he creates.

Whatever the occasion or tastes you may have, Nik is always pleased to accommodate.

1  Thank Soozle07