“Loved the food, host and atmosphere”
Review of The Old Greenhouse

The Old Greenhouse
Ranked #1 of 248 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$20 - US$61
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A small 16 cover restaurant in a converted greenhouse on the main road in Fishbourne West Sussex.The restaurant is only open for pre booked tables. Ideal as a private dining room. We offer a 3 course menu,that is updated daily and can incorporate your own favourite dishes, this is priced at £32.50 Inc coffee.We also open for "diary date" events such as mussels,lasagne,gourmet dinners,Local and wild food events. For details of these please e mail Nik. We are not a grand restaurant, the emphasis is on delivering a quality and where possible locally sourced meal in an intimate and imaginative way. Nik Westacott Chef and owner has over 30 years experience in the restaurant sector and now runs the adjoining four star bed and breakfast 82 Fishbourne and a busy outside catering business.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Amazing food served by a very charming host, will definitely be returning! Thanks Nik for a really gorgeous evening x

There are newer reviews for The Old Greenhouse

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Based on good reviews on Tripadvisor I decided to book a table for a visit during the Festival of Speed weekend. We weren't disappointed! It is a very small restaurant (only 16 covers) but what they say is true' good things come in small packages'. The surroundings were quirky and charming, the food excellent and the service exceptional. Nik and his 'apprentice' (whose name escapes me!) were both charming and efficient. The menu was both creative and imaginative and in fact, as someone who usually is pretty predictable with meal choices, I found it difficult to choose! The friends who we travelled with are seasoned travellers and spend a lot of time in France and really enjoy good food and wine were absolutely enchanted with both Nik and the food. We will definitely be visiting again if we go to the Festival of Speed next year although I think I'd better make my booking shortly!

1  Thank arich64
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Looked around for something "different" for my son's birthday- and the 4 of us were certainly not disappointed! Nik was amazing with his hospitality and the cooking / food was absolutely amazing. We all went home happy and satisfied- and we will certainly be back! The monkfish and prawn dish I had was something I really enjoyed and would recommend heartily to others!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Being newish to the area I wanted somewhere special to take my husband for our wedding anniversary and so went on trip advisor. The Old Greenhouse certainly lived up to its reputation.
The owner, Nik was charming and our every need was attended to, the meal was absolutely delicious and served hot and in a timely manner. Every last detail was perfect.
We cannot recommend it highly enough for a special evening. The only thing to comment on would be the location backing onto the main road can be a bit noisy..........

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was given an award by my company and so I tried to find somewhere different to take my wife to share in my good fortune. I found the Old Greenhouse on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. This has to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. The restaurant is unique in that it only takes up to 16 covers and is by booking only which makes the dining experience really special. Your host is Nik and it's worth going just to meet him. He is the consummate genial master of ceremonies and chef and if you have any dietary needs he is more than happy to accommodate.

The food was outstanding and we enjoyed every mouthful. The menu was not extensive but when you consider all the food is prepared and in some instances served by Nik you can appreciate the effort that goes into it. The ingredients were seasonal and as fresh as you can get. At £32.50 per head this was a special treat for us but we will be returning to this haven of good food, good company and a very pleasant dining experience.

2  Thank Bernie D