“Good food”

Ranked #152 of 250 Restaurants in Chichester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had brunch at Crispin's on a rainy Sunday in October - we chose to go there as it was the first decent looking place that we came across. Our greeting was friendly though we were not shown to a table so wandered around a bit before we settled. The menu was extensive - we chose full English breakfast, we were asked whether we wanted brown or white toast, tea or coffee. We asked if we could have poached eggs and were told no due to H&S as they have lots of people in the kitchen and pots of water are dangerous!!? Odd surely frying is even more dangerous! Our food arrived delivered by a lady who seemed a little harassed. Our baked beans arrived separately. We asked for brown sauce and mustard and huge catering packs of tomato and brown sauce appeared but no mustard! Our food was good, there was a lot of it. Throughout the whole of our meal though we could hear staff in the front reading out reviews from Trip Advisor and making comments - good that reviews do get read but please be discreet when discussing them. We could have known the reviewer or have even been that person - you never know!!
Only downer was when it came to paying the bill to find that tea was not included in the cost of the breakfast which pushed our bill up - breakfast should really include as much tea as you can drink to make this good value.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

My Great-aunt and her friends have been regulars for many years and I have also visited on many occasions. Gillian and John are wonderful, always cheery and great for a laugh! The food is also delicious and they wil happily adjust for what you fancy eating.
They are very proud of their family business and us loyal regulars unanimously agree that there is no better breakfast to be had in Chichester!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I visit chichester quite regularly with my family on saturdays, we came across this cafe on a dreaded trip to newlook with my sisters and there kids, the service was quick and the staff were friendly, as they welcomed us as we came in. the owner was very chatty and encouraged my nephew who's is quite fussy to choose something for himself so he felt part of the ordering which made the process alot easier! The kids all picked coloured straws for there drinks. The food was good, i had a egg and bacon sandwich with a smashed egg which i asked for and wasnt a problem for them to do.the staff promote that is a family business themselves and staff seem to work well together. we will be visiting crispins again as all of the family enjoyed the food and the service.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This cafe was charming and friendly staff were helpful and service was excellent the food is good home cooked fresh and I have been a regular for some time now I highly recommend for families as it has a good fun atmosphere and push chair friendly! As it's family run and the owners have been in the catering business for over 30 years there's lots of jokes and laughs to be had!

1  Thank Chanelvictoria
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Took my family here for a meal. Noted prices were high but thought the service would justify the price, I was very wrong. The waiter seemed too keen on talking to my 12 year old daughter which made us feel very uncomfortable. A few times we made it clear that we'd come for a meal not for him to talk to our child. The meal was very slow to arrive & cold. Again the waiter kept coming back not to ask about the food but to chat. We had a couple next to us raise their eyebrows & say how annoying he was & how slow service is. We finished up our meals (left most of it) & went to pay. My wife & kids left while I paid for the meal. I quietly said to the girl behind the counter "a little feedback for you, service was a little slow, food was warm & waiter really needs to spend less time chatting". The girl launched into a attack by pointing out she owned the restaurant & the waiter was her father. She went on to say no one else complains, I asked how much repeat business she sees...this seemed to hit even more of a nerve & she screamed that we were banned from the restaurant. I pointed out calmly we'd never go back & that she should learn to take feedback. All I can say is don't go there, plenty of better choices in town. Staff don't stay & customers don't return.

2  Thank pete s