“Ok, but could do better”
Review of Crispins

Crispins
Ranked #140 of 257 Restaurants in Chichester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have been to Crispins a couple of times. While the food is tasty enough, the service is variable. I was put off today because the tea-cake I had ordered arrived ready buttered and sliced, and I wanted to butter it myself. This ruined the experience for me, and I felt short-changed because the waitor did not ask me whether or not I wanted the tea-cake ready buttered, and I just assumed that it would arrive with a foiled slab of butter. As it was, I had to remove quite a bit of the butter with a knife because there was too much on there. In order to provide a decent service, the waitor must ask customers whether or not they want to butter the tea-cake themselves!

The service could also be improved by providing a jug of hot water with the tea.

1  Thank Anna L

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Probably not the cheapest Full English breakfast in town, but well worth the money. Obviously being a vegetarian I had the vegetarian full English, which was excellently cooked and the fried bread that I had ordered as an extra was perfect. Service was quick and efficient, by friendly attentive people. Lady Madge had a bacon & tomato toasted sandwich which she thoroughly enjoyed.
We will certainly be coming back next time we're in Chichester.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Crispins looks like a very small café from East Street but don't be deterred, it goes back a long way and even has a courtyard. The menu is varied and imaginative, and the food tastes like good old-fashioned home cooking. Delicious.

The service is friendly, and although the café was quite busy when we were there our food arrived within minutes. So many cafés in town centres offer the usual standard fare, paninis and jacket potatoes, but there is far more on offer here. It took us a few years to discover it, but it will definitely figure in our future lunch-times in Chichester.

1  Thank Lanoo_Harve
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My daughter and I went Xmas shopping today and decided to stop for lunch.I had a ham and cheese omelette and my daughter had a tuna and cheese melt on garlic bread. WOW the service was great and the food was outstanding,so delicious I will be going there again and will be recommending it to everyone. Well done Crispins keep up the good work x

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had brunch at Crispin's on a rainy Sunday in October - we chose to go there as it was the first decent looking place that we came across. Our greeting was friendly though we were not shown to a table so wandered around a bit before we settled. The menu was extensive - we chose full English breakfast, we were asked whether we wanted brown or white toast, tea or coffee. We asked if we could have poached eggs and were told no due to H&S as they have lots of people in the kitchen and pots of water are dangerous!!? Odd surely frying is even more dangerous! Our food arrived delivered by a lady who seemed a little harassed. Our baked beans arrived separately. We asked for brown sauce and mustard and huge catering packs of tomato and brown sauce appeared but no mustard! Our food was good, there was a lot of it. Throughout the whole of our meal though we could hear staff in the front reading out reviews from Trip Advisor and making comments - good that reviews do get read but please be discreet when discussing them. We could have known the reviewer or have even been that person - you never know!!
Only downer was when it came to paying the bill to find that tea was not included in the cost of the breakfast which pushed our bill up - breakfast should really include as much tea as you can drink to make this good value.