“Proper pub food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vintage Pub Bistro - CLOSED

Vintage Pub Bistro
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Proper pub food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The menu here is a breath of fresh air, traditional English food like fish and chips, pies, steak, liver and bacon etc. I had garlic king prawns with lovely warm fresh bread to start then lamb shank with veg, both delicious and good size portions. Our friends were also happy with their choices.
The service was good, our waiter was friendly and helped us with the wine list.
Just what Chichester needs, with so many chain Italians its nice to have somewhere different to go. We will definitely return.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank June L

“Somewhere different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Although it is just at the end of west street, well worth the visit. Food was great and not expensive ( I had the vintage burger, which I can strongly recommend). Nice chilled atmosphere, was fairly busy but staff were lovely! Definately going to become my drinking hole of choice, plus was loving the old music, which are still great second time round!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chichester, United Kingdom
“What a transformation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stepped through the doors of what was (and still is from an address perspective) and felt like I had entered the 30's; or was it the 40's, 50's or 60's?? The place has a brilliant feel, from your dear old nan's living room to a lively jazz club (music was at the right level though!). The staff were polite and prompt and we enjoyed a drink at the bar. Looking around I was reminded of Goodwood Revival. Looking over the menu and thank goodness, proper food! I ordered liver, bacon and onions on a bed of mash and my partner ordered steak and ale pie. The food was fantastic! A treat to find great food and service... I would recommend this pub / bistro / restaurant to anyone, in fact I have been back with other friends already. Hope this helps put Vintage on the map??!!

• Visited October 2012