“Yummy!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Great atmosphere, food and service what an amazing find! We shared the garlic bread to start with, then moved on to beautifully tender and tasty lamb shank and mighty meaty chicken, bacon and mushroom pie. Loads more to choose from on the menu, all sounded worth trying - definitely going back. No room for Puds on this visit.

2  Thank Dena666

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Great idea! Clean, tidy, great selection of British grub at a fair price and all looks so scrummy! Atmosphere was very pleasant as was the selection of background music. Looking forward to more visits, certainly Spring/Summer when the courtyard garden looks sure to be a real sun trap, a rarity in Chichester, and so peaceful! Good luck Vintage... see you again very soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

The menu here is a breath of fresh air, traditional English food like fish and chips, pies, steak, liver and bacon etc. I had garlic king prawns with lovely warm fresh bread to start then lamb shank with veg, both delicious and good size portions. Our friends were also happy with their choices.
The service was good, our waiter was friendly and helped us with the wine list.
Just what Chichester needs, with so many chain Italians its nice to have somewhere different to go. We will definitely return.

2  Thank June L
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Although it is just at the end of west street, well worth the visit. Food was great and not expensive ( I had the vintage burger, which I can strongly recommend). Nice chilled atmosphere, was fairly busy but staff were lovely! Definately going to become my drinking hole of choice, plus was loving the old music, which are still great second time round!

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stepped through the doors of what was (and still is from an address perspective) and felt like I had entered the 30's; or was it the 40's, 50's or 60's?? The place has a brilliant feel, from your dear old nan's living room to a lively jazz club (music was at the right level though!). The staff were polite and prompt and we enjoyed a drink at the bar. Looking around I was reminded of Goodwood Revival. Looking over the menu and thank goodness, proper food! I ordered liver, bacon and onions on a bed of mash and my partner ordered steak and ale pie. The food was fantastic! A treat to find great food and service... I would recommend this pub / bistro / restaurant to anyone, in fact I have been back with other friends already. Hope this helps put Vintage on the map??!!