“Great place to meet a friend for lunch”
Review of Vintage Pub Bistro - CLOSED

Vintage Pub Bistro
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great place to meet a friend for lunch”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I love the vintage theme and traditional lunch menu. Great place to meet a friend for lunch especially a friend who would appreciate the 60's/70's era. Good friendly service. Just very nice relaxed charm!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank PEW55

“Disappointing!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stopped at this pub for a Sunday roast on the first sunny day of the year! On arrival pub was empty but put this down to being early(12o/c) Hoovering still being done from previous night!!We ordered drinks and went to sit in the back courtyard where we found nothing but dirty tables so went to sit outside in the front area.A very disappointing roast which consisted of one roast potato cut into 4 and a small portion of vegetables! A very disappointing meal which for a Sunday roast was not cheap.Will it be returning.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank flan747
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, terrible customer service”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I visited Vintage in February with 3 friends. We had booked but due to a large party we were given a pokey table in the corner.
The waitress came over to take our drinks ordered and when I asked for a mojito she rolled her eyes. We asked if they were tricky to make and she said that, yes they take a long time. I couldn't believe it! Having worked in restaurants, bars and as an air stewardess, I'd never seen such rudeness before! I actually thought she was joking.
I ordered a Malibu and coke instead!!
Food was very good and the other waiting staff were friendly, however we were paid very little attention.
When we paid for the bill, we were due £10 change, which we didn't get. We asked the 'rude' waitress who disputed it, until finally slamming it down on the bar counter.
My friend has sent 4 emails to Vintage about our evening and has not received any back.
I certainly won't be returning there and will not be recommending it to anyone!

1 Thank Lrh1983
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really lovely staff”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Came here with my other half to celebrate a belated valentines. The food at lunchtime was really good and most enjoyable. Particularly the chocolate brownie. Just as importantly were the fabulous, helpful and friendly staff.

We had a fabulous time and are looking forward to retuning in the evening.

1 Thank charliegg
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Nice evening, Basic Menu, Good Service”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked a table for 2 on the Saturday morning for that evening. When we arrived at 7.30, it was pretty quiet and we wondered if this was a good choice. It filled out a bit later with a number of other couples and 2 large parties.

We liked the décor and layout of the restaurant. The staff seemed friendly and offered drinks when we arrived. When the drinks were brought to the table we asked for some olives to eat whilst looking over the rest of the menu; these took quite a while to arrive. They came with 3 pieces of bread (this always puzzles me as there are 2 people, why don't they provide 2 or 4 pieces of bread?)

We had not been looking at the menu for that long and the waiter asked if we were ready to order. We advised we were still looking and asked if the olives are coming. He said yes, but just to warn you there are 2 large parties coming in that night so we might want to consider ordering soon. On one hand this is good to know, but on the other we felt like we were being rushed.

The olives arrived and we decided to order a baked camembert to share. This was nice, but there was more bread with this dish than required.

For main course, we ordered Steak and Ale pie, which came with mashed potatoes on top of the pie and some vegetables, (restaurant speciality). The pastry was a little thick, but the filling was good. The other dish was homemade fishcakes and chips. The fishcakes were not the best I have had, not that light and flaky filling as I have experienced in other fishcakes eaten previously.

Overall, the service was good and the food was basic but reasonable. The restaurant did fill up and had a good atmosphere. The background music was nice and more importantly in the background, so you could hear each other talk.

Although I rated this as Average, it really sits somewhere in between Average and Very Good. (I.e. Good). We would go back some time in the future.