“Awful Indian. Many other decent places in the area.”
Review of Royal Bengal Chichester - CLOSED

Royal Bengal Chichester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My partner picked up a take away from here. Ordered 2 pilar rice. Instead got 2 egg fried rice. I didn't even know Indian cuisine sold egg fried?
Was told he ordered it when he clearly didn't, had to pay for 2 pilar rice.
Tikka masala was the worst I had in my life time. Too runny, no flavour. The colour wasn't even rich red. More of a poor orange. Partners korma was also lacking in flavour. Both left half a plate of food and feeling mugged off.

Could be a different experience when sat in the restaurant, but sadly I will never find out because I refuse to go back.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Having been regular customers at the royal Bengal since it opened a few months ago,I find the food and the service consistently excellent quality,I normally stick to many (favourite)chicken madras but have been encouraged to try some new dishes so now I am working through the menu and some of the dishes at the royal Bengal are truly outstanding, I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Drove down to Chichester from Brighton on the strength of the reviews, clean bright Restuarant a little off the main area, nice and easy to park. The menu is huge and very well described , we ordered a stater and drinks ( 2 x diet cokes) the starters arrived and then we watched as our drinks were poured from a multi pack bottle, when it arrived it was flat! The waiter then returned to his phone to carry on texting. After calling the waiter over so we could order our mains we commented on the quality of the drinks he apologised and refilled our glasses from the same bottle, flat again. The mains arrived and I must say the food was great. While we were eating the chef came into the Restuarant stood with the waiting staff and as a couple they started to text and giggle together. We finished our meal asked for the bill ( charged for two drinks each !! ) we paid and left. Overall the food was great, good portions and very tasty, but really the service was terrible, maybe it was an off night but should there be such a thing? If you can have the take away your love it, but enter at your own risk !!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

really lovely food has a lot of deapth to it andl avour and not too expensive also ido not get bored with it you really must give it a try

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Having travelled to various non tourist parts of India it is a real challenge to experience authentic non commercialised meals. The Royal Bengal boasts superior knowledge, chefs, management & staffing & constistantly exceptional cuisine at sensible prices. As close as you'd get to tasting local dishes in India in my experience. Fancy a change from your usual Korma ...ask the guys for a recommendation you'll be amazed. Nothing is too much trouble even extra extra extra chillies!